Watermelon Sugar

Vic

"So, you see how I could be confused right? Like between... what we did the other day, and how he talks to me sometimes... I don't know." I said and she took a drag from the joint and handed it back to me. Sarah came over today because she wanted to hang out without Harry, I was so excited to be getting closer with her, she's honestly great company.

"He's such an idiot, oh my god. I've known him for a while now and I've seen him with plenty of different women, and he's never been like this. He's so giddy and just... happy all the time. He's just.... so fucking dumb apparently, that he can't just admit that he wants to be with you, everyone else can see it." She told me and I handed the joint back to her and shook my head. Everyone? Does he talk about me? He posted about me, but it wasn't... technically me, it was our shoes. At his spot.

"I mean, I'm okay with whatever it is we're doing if it means not ruining whatever it is we have." I told her and she shrugged and looked at me.

"You sure?" She asked and... I guess it is? I mean if it's this or heavy awkwardness when I pass him when I grab coffee on my lunch break, I'll take this. "Just, don't settle because because you don't think you deserve more." We passed the joint back and forth a few more times in silence before putting it out on the metal railing.

"Remember how I told you about the stray cat that comes around here?" I asked her and she thought for a moment and smiled nodding quickly.

"Arlo, right?" She asked and I smiled widely nodding.

"Yeah. He let me pet him like, 2 days ago." I said happily and she smiled and clapped excitedly for me. My phone vibrated on the table between us and Harry's name popped up.

"Wow, speaking of..." she said and I scooped my phone from the table and answered the call, I stood up and stepped inside.

"Harry Styles, haven't heard from you in 2 days. Whatchya been busy with?" I asked him and he chuckled, I walked to the fridge and grabbed two waters from the shelf and let it close again.

"Victoria Townes, I actually wrote a new song, if you must know." He said dramatically and I smiled and glanced at Sarah outside the door and held up a finger. "Anyway, I was looking for a coffee date at around...1:30?" He asked and it made me smile that he wanted to see me.

"Uh... yeah, I'm actually with Sarah right now though." I said to him.

"I'll come by around 1:30 and pick you both up. I'm supposed to meet her there with Mitch anyway to run this song by them to se show they like it for a second album." He told me and I smiled, he's already working on another? I'm impressed.

"A second album already? Harry styles, do you ever rest?" I asked him and he chuckled softly.

"I'm always writing and recording stuff, just a lot of times they never make it out of that room."

"Well, I would love to see you for coffee. I'll let Sarah know." I said and I smiled to Sarah.

"Amazing. See you later." He said happily and i loved the sound of his happiness on his voice.

"Bye baby." I said cheerily and hung up the phone before even processing what happened. I called him baby, what if he thinks it weird? Or what if he absolutely hated it? Maybe he didn't even notice, maybe he didn't hear me correctly. Maybe I'm thinking about it too hard. I grabbed the waters from the counter and walked back outside to Sarah and handed her the plastic bottle and took my seat.

"Harry is coming by around 1:30. We're gonna stop for coffee and then head to the studio." I told her and she nodded and smiled.

"You're coming to the studio with us?" She asked, excitement clear in her tone and I shrugged.