二十

"I can't believe you were so careless!" 

Jun holds his arms up, the look on his face one of helplessness. "Well what was I supposed to do? How should I have known there was someone following me?"

Yuqi groans, "Maybe you should've checked."

"And why would I have done that? We shouldn't have to constantly be on edge when trying to hang out with someone - especially my own fucking cousin!" Jun sighs, running his hand through his hair and hearing the scoff of his hairstylist behind him. 

All four of them were called to a shoot not too long after Jun read the article, and thankfully none of the staff have mentioned anything to Jun as of yet. "Where's Renjun?" he asks.

"Being photographed," Yuqi points over her shoulder, to a door where he can just about see the other boy through the glass, surrounded by what always feels like a hundred people to Jun even though in reality it's about twenty. Collapsing on the sofa, Jun leans back and slowly slides downwards with his arms crossed over his chest. Yuqi sits on the sofa across from him. "I know it's ridiculous," she says. "But unfortunately we're stuck with it, whether we like it or not. So unless you want Park on your back I suggest you do something about it."

"I hate how you're always right," Jun glares at her, sneering at the playful grin he receives in return. 

A second later, another presence joins Jun at his side. It's Yeji, her hair done up in two high plaits with ribbons braided through but makeup still unfinished. "You look good," Jun tells her, to which she smiles.

"So do you," she replies, playing with her hair, shuffling slightly closer to Jun. He notices, glances at her, then to Yuqi, raising an eyebrow that's somewhere between what is this? and can you do something about it please? 

Yuqi rolls her eyes. "Yeji," she says, patting the seat next to her. 

"You know this scandal is absolute bullshit, right?" she begins, turning to her friend. 

"Obviously," Yeji nods, shuffling in her seat. "I mean, unless Jun really is dating his cousin." She chuckles, glancing back to Jun. "You're not, right?"

Jun scoffs, "Of course not." 

Yuqi chuckles with them, pulling her feet - clad in black heeled boots - onto the sofa. "Yeah, but Shuhua being his cousin isn't the only reason it's bullshit. When we first met, I tried to get with him for weeks-"

"Oh yeah I remember that!" Jun exclaims, cutting Yuqi off mid-sentence. "You would text me like six times a minute constantly flirting with me until I blocked you and completely ignored you at shoots. I made Renjun talk to you-'

"He didn't even bother to tell me he likes guys! Like I felt kind of bad afterwards, but how should I have known when he never even bothered to tell me?" Jun dips his head lower, chuckling to himself as Yuqi stops him from talking and carries on with what she was saying. "So my advice is don't try anything, because our Jun is gay as fuck."

"You got that right," he jokes, and sits up straighter. "I also have a boyfriend."

"Huh?!" Yuqi's hair flies over her shoulder as she turns to stare at him in shock. "Really?" She glances quickly over her shoulder before lowering her voice. "Another thing you didn't tell me Jun, seriously?"

Jun shrugs. "It slipped my mind, I guess."

Scoffing, Yuqi mimics him. 'Oh it 'slipped your mind', did it?"

When he nods, she glares at him. "Just be careful people don't hear it," she says. "You're well aware we have a dating ban. Why? Don't ask me."

"Doesn't matter," Jun grins. "I've been here for two years, mine is done with! I'm officially free to be with whoever the fuck I want." Yuqi hums, picking up her phone to mess about on while Yeji is called away to have her makeup done and a hairstylist rushes over to Jun to fix what he accidentally messed up.

He quietly apologises to them, but before they can do much the head photographer walks in, gesturing to Jun. He sees his hairstylist roll their eyes and hears them mutter something about always being in a rush before they step away and tell him he can go. 

As always, as he walks through the door into the main studio, Jun's heart beats faster at the cluster of people suddenly surrounding him. Deep breaths, he reminds himself, and nods to his manager as he passes, keeping his expression tight and jaw clenched. The light, sleeveless shirt he's wearing does nothing to calm his nerves like normally a thick, heavy jumper could, so he's left alone, feeling completely vulnerable and exposed. 

Suddenly feeling a grip on his hand, Jun looks up from the floor, letting out a gasp when his eyes find Minghao, looking back at him as he pulls him through the crowd. They're back in the shopping centre again, and Minghao whispers to him - somehow Jun hears it over the busy bustle surrounding him. 

"Hey, you're okay... I'll be right next to you." Minghao's eyes are wide and sincere, and Jun nods, a tiny smile appearing for a brief second as they're at the photoshoot again. 

His heart doesn't slow for the entirety of the time he's in the spotlight, but envisioning Minghao in front of him at least makes it easier to hide, until Jun is back in the safety of his dressing room again with Renjun drifting to sleep on one of his shoulders.

---
a/n: hey guys I hope you all had an amazing holiday!! and a merry Christmas to the ones who celebrate it :)