十四

Minghao leaps up from his bed, brushing himself off and glaring at Jun. 

He laughs, "You told me to put you down!" 

"I didn't mean chuck me," Minghao says through gritted teeth. He stands with his arms crossed, staring at his companion until the air around them thickens, and Jun shifts uncomfortably on his feet.

"What did you throw down?" he asks, nodding to the unidentified objects on Minghao's bed. The boy looks over at them and seems to finally remember what he was doing in the first place. He picks up the numerous colourful boxes, and looks at Jun.

"Let me do your makeup."

Jun splutters, lifting his hand up to cover his mouth. "W-what?" he coughs. "Let you do my makeup?" Minghao nods. "Why?" 

With a small but mischievous smile, Minghao shrugs his shoulders. "I feel like it. I promise you'll look good."

"I already have makeup artists, and I don't like that look on your face." Jun challenges with a laugh, stepping back.

Shaking his head, Minghao grips Jun's shoulders and leads him to sit on a chair by the window. "I don't mean boring old camera makeup, dumbass. I mean fun makeup."

The older looks at him wearily, "Now I'm trusting you even less."

"Fine, we play rock paper scissors and if I win, you let me do your makeup."

Jun smirks. "And if I win?"

The younger shrugs, "I don't do your makeup." Jun rolls his eyes - either way, there's not really anything in it for him, but he reluctantly agrees. He sticks his hand out and Minghao does the same, quickly calling out and at the end, both of them draw paper. After the second try, Minghao wins.

He throws his hand up victoriously, but Jun persistently grips his arm. "Best of three."

"Alright, coward." 

Jun manages to even the playing field, making him breathe a sigh of relief. The both pull rock, and the tension surrounding them is slowly getting higher. Finally, they go again, and Jun draws scissors, closing his eyes as he does so. When he opens them again seconds later, Minghao lets out a whoop with his closed fist held out next to Jun's hand. He groans.

 Minghao runs off and returns with a hair band, which he secures round Jun's head to pull his hair out of the way. He's sat Jun in front of a mirror, and apparently an upside to this is that Jun can now watch Minghao's bright smile, which seems to be widening with every passing minute. 

"Are you passionate about makeup?" Jun asks.

Nodding enthusiastically, Minghao grins at him in the reflection. "I have been for ages - but I never get the chance to wear if because I care a bit too much about what people think of me. I like using really bright colours - you know, things that would gain me nothing but bewildered looks every time I step foot outside of my house."

Jun smiles. "If you enjoy it, you shouldn't worry about other people."

"That's easier said than done," Minghao sighs. "Okay, what colours should I use?"

After looking at the younger in the mirror, seeing him bite his lip nervously whilst rocking back and forth on his heels, Jun turns around to meet his eyes for real. "Do whatever you want."

"Really?"

He nods. "Show me Xu Minghao as a makeup look."

The moment that Minghao's eyes widen and shine brighter, Jun feels his heart warm. He swivels back around in his chair and leans back, a small smile peeking through his face whilst he attempts to hide it, as Minghao sits down in front of him. Their eyes meet for a second, but that's all it takes for Jun's heart to beat faster. Tearing his eyes away, he busies himself by checking through his phone - mainly at the still coming in flood of birthday messages from all sorts of people.