|EIGHTEEN|

|9 years later|

•KHALIL•
Kades

I sighed stretching my back the pain that sometimes hurts there every once in a while settling. I feel arms wrap around me a giggle leave her lips. I let out a frustrated huff unwrapping her arms from around me. "Chill out." I mumble.

"I just see you in pain and I'm trying to help you." Onya whispers in a caring tone.

"I'm good." I close my mouth holding back a wince as I reach for my pain meds.

"Shouldn't you be off those by now? It's been years." She looks at me suspiciously.

"Shouldn't you be at your own house?" My words make her laugh even though I'm deadass serious. She sits up on my counter making sure to hike my shirt she's wearing up to expose her thighs.

"Why you so grumpy? Is it cause that bitch get out today?" Theirs jealousy in her voice.

I mug the fuck outta her. "Chill out."

"I'm just saying she's the reason why you be having back pains. I should fuck her up for doing that to you."

"And she'll whoop yo ass." I mumble under my breath.

"Ion even get why you felt sorry for her in the first damn place." She continues. "She tried to kill you."

"Just quit speaking on her you don't know nothing about her." I snap.

She narrows her eyes at me. "Yeah well I know you very well."

My mind goes to Danielle. I think of how everything escalated and spiraled so quickly. Over time it seemed like she started to hate me. I made a mistake and said some shit I regret that she must've overheard. That pushed her right into Cash's arm. But truth is all this shit started when I wasn't honest with her. To be real y'all probably wondering why I didn't say that I knew about her dad or was there that night. How would I say that? Hell I ain't know Dani from a can of paint when we met. All I knew was that she seemed like a good kid. Shìt Cash called me and told me how he got a girl back home he's in love with. Explained to me that her dad was some dude named London Johnson. I felt like because I watched her dad die in a fucked up way the least I could do is be there for her and look out for her. I mean I still remember that night. After Cas dragged his body out me and Marvin had words. I told him I was gone run this city and he was gone leave Danielle & Damari alone. It was so close to being a shootout and after that Marvin kept his distance. I figured that as long as I made sure Dani was good and took care of her maybe my karma wouldn't be so fucked up. Little did I know she had her own plans and was trying to figure out the truth. And my sprung ass son was the only one stupid enough to tell her.

In the end I ended up with five stabs in my back and she ended up in prison. At first I was angry but over these nine years I've thought about it and realized it's all my fault. I'm the one who ruined her life.

"At the end of the day she was just a teenager." I remind Onya. "A teen who's life got fucked up and she had nobody."

"Yeah I remember when your life was fucked up and me and you were all eachother had. Now you got all this." She motions around to my huge house which is damn near a mansion.