|TWENTY THREE|

•DANIELLE•
Dani

I pace the floor in a circle the loudness of the hospital filling my ears. Since we had to fly back by the time we touched back down to the city its the middle of the next day. I don't even know what all happened to him or why he's in here or how bad it is.

"He's in room 301B. You can take the elevator and go to the second floor." I nod happy her ass finally found out where they have him at. We've been waiting for what feels like the longest for an answer.

I try to walk off but Kades grabs my hand. "Dani you gotta calm down." He says seriously with worry in his face. "He good I promise you." 

I just nod hurrying up to the elevator. After what felt like forever we finally made it to his room. To find it filled with Cash, Stella, Onya and some girl I've never seen before. Mari lays in the bed his leg in a full cast, his arm in a cast and his face bruised badly. He look like he's been thru hell. I rush towards his bedside. "Oh my god!" I gasp. "What happened?"

He ignores me. As does everybody else the only person in the room giving me an answer being the unknown girl. "Hi my names Harmony, and he was in a car accident." I shake my head my eyes watering staring at him I can tell he's in pain.

"Where were you Danielle?" Mari questions me. "Huh?" He asks again when I don't give him an answer the first time.

"You know she was with me." Kades answers for me his voice already in offense.

Anger washes over Mari's face instantly. "I wanna hear her say that shit. I wanna hear you say that instead of being here for your brother you were ridin' on some dick." He directs to me.

"Aye watch how you speaking to her." Kades defends me.

I laugh stepping back I tilt my head up looking at him like he's lost his mind. "Let me get this straight it's my fault I left to have fun? How the fuck is it my fault?"

Mari tries to sit up but can't because of his arm. He lets out a wince but still continues talking. "How ain't that shit yo fault when you walking around with yo priorities all fucked up? Cash & Stella fucking and still made sure to have they asses be here for me." He rants.

"We're married." Cash corrects him.

All of a sudden everybody's eyes drop down to the ring on my left hand. "Kades...how could you?" Onya asks breaking down. Everybody turns towards him and their looking at us with judgement. Everybody but Harmony who's confused.

I watch his mug deepen. "Onya quit playing victim because you been knew what was up. Don't act like we were ever together because we weren't."

"What the fuck is she doing here anyways?" I ask eyeing her. Her face still fucked up from me beating her ass that day.

"She knows how to be there for family unlike you-"

"The fuck? Are you fuckin' serious?" Even though I'm laughing a tear makes it's way down my cheek. "You seriously think you're family? That you've been family?"

"I got you that apartment and picked you up from-"

"And what else?! Huh?! When mom left with that nigga and moved away you followed her and let her put me in that home. You ain't defend me, fight for me or none of that shit." I rant.

"That's because you was fucked up!" He yells back at me.

"Aye chillout." Kades says defending me.

"Why? We all know it's true." He says. I look around to see Cash not saying anything either.

"Wanna know what else is true? That you ain't no real brother. You've been a punk ass bitch from the start. I did nine years and I ain't see your face once coming to visit me not one time. You claim I was so fucked up but you ain't try to help me. And you really sitting here judging me when Khalil the only one that's been having my back lately. Now you wanna be a brother when for years you weren't." I continue.