Overall, I was thankful that Seokjin's grandmother didn't point out that I wasn't eating much and simply rubbed my back in a soothing manner near the end of dinner. I felt myself relax a bit at her gesture, but still felt tense.

Honestly, I shouldn't feel this way. The more I sat and cowered, the more I realized just how stupid I was acting.

Why should I be the one she's getting mad at. This is her own damn fault.

My eyes furrowed as my gaze hardened. My fake smile began to falter into a grimace as I thought about everything that lady's done. I peeked over at the others around me, but none paid me close attention.

Slowly, I turned my head to face the heat of the gaze head on, and met the harsh and furious eyes of a familiar woman.

With a frown that deep, accompanied by years of judgement, she may as well have some frown lines already wrinkled up. She only solely focused on me, but I caught sight of Jimin, who was unwillingly sitting beside her, looking even angrier. I hate to admit the resemblance between the two in terms of appearance, but there seemed to be a huge difference told between their expressions.

While Jimin's mother held a look of annoyance and a will to demolish me, Jimin's eyes told me a story of pent up frustration and fury. He didn't once remove his gaze and I honestly felt shivers up my spine once I saw the expression on his face.

Noted to never cross him or be on his bad side.

"Well, I've had such a lovely chat with you Mr. Park, but I believe it's time to retire for the night. After all, it is Christmas tomorrow and we can't miss out on that, now can we?"

Namjoon's mother let out a beaming smile as she looked at everyone around the table. I broke off my staring contest with Jimin's mother to return to my mask of content.

"Of course we can't, dear. Everyone needs to get some good rest because I know a lot of you will depart as well. It was a lovely Christmas eve dinner, don't you all agree?"

Hums of agreement went around and Namjoon's father let out a small smile before he suddenly snapped his fingers. A few maids came by and began to fill everyone's glasses with champagne. I let out a curious glance towards the bubbly drink now set in front of me, but returned my gaze once I noticed him stand up. He lifted his glass and everyone immediately followed suit.

"Why don't I make a toast now while everyone is here, gathered all together. A toast for how lucky we are to have each other's backs and to be able to spend this precious time together. A toast for our past, present, and future. May it be prosperous and bring good will upon us all. And especially, a toast to our boys and now y/n, for connecting as soulmates- and may they lead a comfortable life filled with love and trust. I wish us all a good Christmas and upcoming New Years. Let's all stand and raise our glasses in celebration."

The sounds of chairs scraping the floor and the ruffle of clothes was heard before everyone raised their glasses and said, "Cheers!", before downing them. The bubbles of the champagne felt like crystalline pearls that fizzed as they went, exploding with a slightly sour taste interlaced with the fragrance of white flowers. I was taken aback by the taste but nevertheless shared a grin with Hoseok as we intertwined our hands.

Soon small chatter broke out amongst everyone as we all began to tuck in our chairs and take our leave.

I listened to Hoseok chatter about how he can't wait till tomorrow, yet in the back of my mind I could feel the stare of someone on me. I turned over my shoulder for just a moment, only to catch a glimpse of Mrs. Park about to step out of the opposite end of the room.

In that split moment, I made the decision to stick my tongue out childishly, yet her startled expression made it worth it.

I let out a grin as I turned back and saw Jimin already standing outside the entrance and playfully rolling his eyes at my display. I let out an easy laugh as he gripped my free hand and paid heed to Hoseok's words. The other boys trickled by soon after and caught up to the three of us as we made our way up to the rooms.