🏡Memories🏡

My life before 

My Mother was raised in America, but was born I Colombia. She met my father at age 17 after being dumped by her boyfriend. 

My father was born and raised in California. He met my mother at age 18 after going to the store to buy some cigarettes. 

My mother was in the rain crying on a bench. My father, the good kind hearted man he was helped her. 

The next five years they had a beautiful friend ship, but it wasn't until my mom got pulled over by the cops for not stopping properly, he didn't want his closest friend to be taken away from him. He had told the cops that she was her fiancé and they were trying to get her to become a citizen. The cops let her go. 

A year later they got married and luckily fell in love. At first he had trouble understanding my mother since she would rant in Spanish, a Language he could not understand. But after a while he was now fluent. By that time  my mother was 25 and pregnant with me. Nine months later I was born. On July 21, 20XX

when I started school I was fluent in both Spanish and English. At age ten an A and B student.  I did face bad times tho, for a while I didn't have any friends. Some kids would tease me for speaking Spanish with my mom, but I never  was bothered. Before fifth grade ended I had finally made some friends. They protected me and helped me grow into the person I was in middle school. Brave, kind, sassy, and passionate. 

When I met Jeffery I was called to the principals office. I remember feeling nervous because I had recently taken a test and cheated, because the night before I spent the whole night watching horror movies. I arrived to the office and there was a boy with short wavy light brown hair and blue eyes. He was a light tan and I'm sure if he stood up he'd be a few inches taller than me. I walked into to the principals office. She assured me that wasn't in trouble. Relief. Instead I had been chosen to help the new student for the rest of middle school. I asked her why. She simply said they had started a program where new student who entered the school would be assigned a full time helper if they had trouble based on their school records. Great. I walked out and the principal introduced us to each other. "Jeffery this is Jane" "Jane I'll let you skip the rest of first period to show Jeffery around the school"

I thanked her and I walked Jeffery out of the office. 

"Hey So as the principal mentioned before I Jane. So where would like to start our tour?"

"Enserio me mandaron una niña para ayudarme, heh lo bueno que no me entiendes" 

"Seriously they gave me a girl to help me, hehe good thing she doesn't  understand me" 

I quickly responded with 

"No deberías de hablar de la gente así.  Especialmente  Cuando te van ayudar." "You shouldn't talk about people like that. Especially when they're going to help you"

Jeffery was shocked.

"Heh guess your right. Sorry I'm just not that really thrilled to be here" 

"Don't worry I ain't either" 

For the rest of the period I showed him the school. We actually got along pretty well. I found out the he actually moved in the house I front of me. Knowing myself I was probably was to busy listening to music and drawing to ever notice any movement. 

He told me that his mother was Colombia too. And his father was British. His older brother Lui had lived with his father for sometime in England  since their mother needed to be in America to help some family issues Jeff went with her. They grew up away from each other but still managed to have a good relationship. 

"Yea my brother does speak Spanish ,but with his British accent he sounds like he's from Spain. So don't be surprised to hear it later." 

"O what makes you think I'm going to meet him?"

"We'll seeing how we live across from each other, Your mother and my mother are  Colombian, and I'm sure as heck sure they're probably drinking coffee with  Arepas by now, and I don't know shit on what the fuck I'm learning and your my 'helper' Your gonna see me and him a lot more often." 

He had a point after the tour we went to second block. It was nice having a new friend especially one that I could relate too more. No offense to Olivia, Emily, and  Arianna ,but with Jeff I felt more like myself.