You laugh to yourself, realizing you're acting like you're getting ready for a date. You never took Severus as being the sensitive and romantic type, but it seems like tonight is his attempt at it.

You glance at the clock, realizing it's almost 9, and set off.

***

You cautiously make your way through the castle. Though it's mostly deserted, there's still a chance you could be caught by Filch or a Professor.

You reach the Astronomy tower, and begin to ascend the staircase. When you reach the top of the stairs you find that you're the first one there.

Unusual of him to be late.

You walk around the room at the top of the tower, running your hand lightly over some of the smaller telescopes situated around the room. The only light that fills the tower is from the windows, where the bright moon shines outside.

You approach the archway that leads to the balcony outside the room. When you reach the railing, you run your hands over the metal and lean your elbows onto it. A cold breeze sweeps through you and you shiver lightly, pulling your robe closer to your body. You look up at the night sky, and although it's cloudy, you can still see some bright stars peeking through.

Staring up at the universe brings a sense of calm over you. You've thought about it a lot, how we're all just a tiny speck compared to what could be out there. It's infinite.

You hear a door open and close from inside the tower and then footsteps getting closer to you. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Snape, searching for you. You look back out onto the grounds, pretending you didn't notice him enter.

He walks up behind you and his hands slowly wrap around your waist. You immediately lean into his warm touch and rest your head against his chest.

"Hi." you sigh.

Snape places a light kiss on the top of your head, murmuring a quiet hello. You contemplate asking him why he was late, but decide against it.

"How are you?" you ask, tilting your head to the side to look at his face.

Snape contemplates his answer for a second.

"Relieved." he says, "Now that everyone is gone."

You laugh softly, "Me too."

You stay like that for a few moments, gazing at the night sky with Snape holding you. His warm body brings much needed heat to your cold one, and he even wraps his cloak around you when he feels you shivering.

As you're trying to figure out the name of a constellation, you look over at Snape to find him watching you. A look of worry crosses his face for a brief second.

"What's wrong?" you ask.

He shakes his head. "I hope I didn't upset you last night. I'm sure you have many questions."

You nod, going back to staring down at the abandoned grounds below. You hate feeling like you're in the dark. You hate not knowing what the hell is going on.

"I don't believe that you deserve to be hidden away from this situation, but there are some things that I can't reveal to you. Not yet." Snape continues quietly.

You know you'll have to face it all eventually, come to terms with whatever is going on behind your back. But in this moment, however selfish of you it may be, you don't want to think about anyone else or any problems right now.

With Snape's arms wrapped around you, this moment seems perfect, and you don't want to ruin it. After all of the chaos you've had to face this term, the stillness of the air and the peace in the moment call to you.