Chapter 11

Previously...

Run Vivian, you can run. You have a whole forest to lose her in. Run...

..........

Gwen's Perspective

"Blake, I need your help!" I frantically say into my phone, hoping that my service won't cut out at any second. My heart is pounding wildly in my chest as I pace around a small area on the trails. I'm praying the worst won't happen and I'm praying that Vivian's reaction was only one of fear and impulsiveness. What if she was planning to do this? What if I did something that hurt her and I never knew?

"I don't know where she went, I don't even know if she's okay, Blake." I have tears starting to trail down my cheeks from how worried I am. My hands are shaking and I'm feeling disconnected from reality almost as the moments pass.

"Babe, calm down. Don't stress yourself out anymore than you are. Kingston and I are going to help you look for her, okay?" Blake tells me, calming me down a slight bit. "Just take deep breaths and stay where you are. We'll meet you there in a few minutes."

I follow his instructions and take a breath, leaning against a tree on the side of the path. "Okay, thank you so much."

"Don't worry, we'll find her." He reassures me. I hope so because I can't stop thinking about the nightmare I had not too long ago. I can't believe this is happening. She better be okay because I don't know what I would do if she isn't. I love her so much already, I can't lose her.

"Gwen, baby, I can hear you crying. Don't work yourself up." Blake reminds me after a moment, but it's almost impossible for me to calm down.

"It's just like that nightmare I had. What if she's not okay?" I stress.

"Gwen, don't think that way. It's not going to help anything, honey."

So I try to push those thoughts out of my mind and focus on where she might have gone. I've been down these trails a fair bit which should help us, but I know there's many different offshoots to each of these trails. She could be anywhere by now.

"Blake, should we call some of our friends? We should split up and none of us should go alone. Especially not King." I say, ready to dial the numbers of a few of my closest friends that I know would be a good help. Even though I'm trying to keep Vivian out of the public eye, I can trust these friends not to say anything.

"That's a good idea. I'll call Adam, okay?"

"Okay."

We hang up and as I wait for them to arrive I call my brother Eric and my good friend Kelly Clarkson. They're both able to join in and even my sister in law joins. I'm glad I've got all this support.

As soon as I'm done talking to them, Blake shows up with King and engulfs me in a hug. I'm not crying anymore but a few tears have managed to escape. He dries my tears holding me close and telling me that Adam's able to help out too.

"We'll find her, Gwen." Kingston assures me.

When everyone has arrived, it has been close to forty five minutes since I had last seen Vivian. I keep getting more anxious because I'm afraid if we don't find her soon then it will be dark and colder. I don't want her to be stuck out there on her own in the cool weather and the darkness. What if she's afraid right now? I wonder if she's wishing I was with her.

"Vivian's missing. She ran away from me while we were taking a walk down these trails. I don't know why, maybe I said something or did something-" I start to explain, but Kelly cuts me off gently, coming closer to me.