Chapter 4: Looking Like a Catwalk Model!

"Is this really necessary? Can't I just wear my usual outfit?" Kirsten said crunching her nose. As usual another friend of hers gets to choose what she should wear for tonight. What is it with everyone acting like her fashion consultant? Is her sense of style that horrendous that they couldn't stand seeing her is her usual clothing?

"Well no if the usual outfit you're talking about are your almost floor lenght skirts paired with your turtle-neck blouse and cardigans." Kayla says handing over Kirsten the dress she grabbed from her own dresser.

She doesn't wear almost floor lenght skirts! Well maybe once, or twice but not to the extent where it can be considered as her usual clothing. "What's wrong with them? They're decent." She said instead.

She examined the dress. It's not bad. At least it looks longer than the dress Alicia made her wearing at the bar. It's a blue A-line dress which is strapless.

"Kirsten you don't really wear decent clothes at parties and that's a fact. And besides, you wouldn't really wanna humiliate your smoking hot date for tonight by making people think he brought along his nanny to the party."

"I don't really care about him. I didn't wanna go in the first place. Let alone go with that prick."

"I know but I'm not giving you any choice just accept the fact. So get your lazy butt up!"

----------------

"I told you he's smoking hot. I can smell barbeque grilling from here." Kayla said sniffing in the air.

Ethan was already walking towards us. She and Kayla were the early birds and they're now just waiting for the others.

Ethan was looking breathtakingly gorgeous on a white polo with sleeves folded until his elbows and paired with dark jeans and a synthetic leather high-top sneakers.

His sense of style amazes her she must admit. This guy is just too gorgeous to be a cable guy! She just can't imagine him climbing up a pole to just run cable wires.

I think posing for an Armani Jeans ad would suit him more. He's that good-looking. He stands out. Like right now, he was walking like a catwalk model

She slightly shook her head. Here I am again. Get a grip of yourself Kirsten!

She was lost in her own thoughts that she didn't realize he was already standing in front of them handing over a hanky.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Wipe your drool. Next time just take a picture. It lasts longer."

Kayla burst out laughing! She felt her cheeks flush in embarrassment. She was just caught checking him out and he was rubbing it in her face!

Kayla continued laughing obviously finding her humiliation entertaining. Such a good friend you are!

"You know what? For a cable guy you are egotistical."

"Did you just belittle my job as a cable man?" He answered with an expression clearly not insulted at all..

Why does he have this smirk plastered on his face always? It only makes him look cute more!

"Cool down guys! What's with the constant bickering anyway?" Kayla interrupted with her hands on both hips looking like a preacher.

"Ethan?"

They all turned their gazes towards a beautiful brunnette approaching them. She is wearing a short red cocktail dress and her hair and make-up was made to perfection. She thought for a second that her attire is over the top. She was smiling sweetly at Ethan. She somehow looks familiar.

"I'm so glad you came. I thought you're gonna ditch me." She said giving Ethan a peck on the cheeks.

Kayla and Kirsten stared at each other clueless at what was happening currently.

"You know very well I would never do that to you." Ethan answered returning the sweet smile she was giving him..

"Of course you won't. I'll hunt you down if you don't show up."

They both laughed.

"I can see you brought 2 dates." The girl said when she seems to finally notice them. "Which is not so much like you by the way." She said following it with a laugh.

"They are friends of mine. Ladies, this is Kimberly. The birthday girl."

Now that explains the over the top attire. She was the celebrant after all! And that's also why she is familiar. She had seen her in one of Marty's pictures on Facebook.

But wait, so Ethan knows the birthday girl and he was invited after all?

"Hi. Happy birthday. I'm Kayla and this is Kirsten. We're Marty's friends."

They shook hands and Kirsten thought that she had to mimic the gesture. She greeted her and shook hands with her. She smiled in a very friendly way.

"Oh and speaking of, is that douchebag of a cousin of mine not here yet? Late as ever I'm guessing." She said rolling her beautiful eyes.

"They're on their way." Kayla answered smiling.

"I gotta go. There's just too many guests I have to attend to. Ethan here will take care of you since my dearest cousin is still missing in action."

"Of course. The pleasure is all mine."Ethan playfully bowed.

"Thank you so much for coming and for the greetings and I hope you enjoy yourselves."

"For sure we will. Thanks."

She then turned to Ethan. "Give me a call sometime. I just can't squeeze some information from Emily. You too are always the the secretive ones."

Kirsten noticed Ethan stiffened a little by the mention of the name before giving Kimberly a hug completely ignoring her statement. The girl waved to both Kayla and I before turning her back on us.

"We went to the same school before." Ethan says answering our questioning look. I was actually more interested to know who that Emily is than knowing how he knew Kimberly. But of course there's no way in hell that she's actually asking him that. She doesn't wanna look like some gossip girl in the flesh!