Chapter 8: Aren't you supposed to be flipping out mom?!

"So tell me. Why do we always end up bumping into each other?"  Asked Ethan. They just drove out of their driveway. He insisted on taking her home instead. 

"Don't ask me. I don't know the answer either." She replied in all honesty. Maybe Sacramento isn't really that big of a city after all?

"And are you sure you and my sister just met today? It's just strange how you two looked very close I won't be surprised if I see the two of you braiding each other's hair one of these days. And that was surprising. My sister isn't really the nicest person."

"On the contrary to that, your mom and your sister are so nice that I find it almost hard to believe you are even related to them." She said mocking.

"Ouch. That hurts." Ethan said clutching his chest dramatically faking a pained expression.

Kirsten chuckled. And then she averted her head and just stared out at the passing road.

"Seriously I almost wanna think you're stalking me." 

Kirsten turned her head to Ethan quickly. "Ha! Ha! Dream on pretty boy! If I remember it correctly, you were the one who showed up in my doorstep the second time we met."

He flashed a smile and shook his head. "Still couldn't believe I'd see you in my parent's house."

"Your parents house?"

"Yeah. I don't live with them anymore. I have my own place."

"Wait. Why are you working as a cable guy in a company where your father works as a Division Manager?"

"I do it for fun." He simply answered.

"Fun? You're fixing TV just for fun? Do you happen to also work as a baker in your mother's pastryshop for the sake of having fun?"

He laughed.

"You are so amusing."

"And you are weird." She said shaking her head smile is creeping on her face.

"First off, no I don't work as a baker in my mom's bakeshop. I rarely even go there. And as per working as a cable guy, I don't work full time anyway. I do it whenever I want to. My dad wants me to enter the company after I graduate probably take over his position. It's like my training ground. I wanna familiriaze myself to the field and there's no better way of doing that than to start at the bottom."

"Oh..," she says nodding her head,  "Well it makes sense. Training ground hah? Not playground?"

"Definitely not. I take my job seriously." He winked.

It didn't take long and they were already pulling into their driveway.

"Thanks for the ride." She said stepping out of his car. She was already making her way towards their front porch when she noticed Ethan was following her.

"What are you doing?" She asked folding her arms across her chest and giving him a questioning look.

"Aren't you going to invite me in? Coz I was thinking, since you have already met my family might as well introduce me to yours."

"No. You're not meeting my family. I don't want them to get involved. It wasn't even fair that we get yours involved."

"And just how are you planning to make this realistic for both Emily and Xander if we don't get everyone around us involved?"

"Not my problem." She replied.

"Kirsten?" 

That was her mom opening the door widely.  Her mom's stare shifted from her to Ethan to the blue Subaru behind them. Kirtsten closed her eyes tight. Great.