Chapter 6: A Chance to Explore

Picture on the right is of Nicole Peltz as Alicia!

____________________

"Start explaining. Now."

Ali snapped dropping  her books in front of her creating a loud thud that echoed almost all through out the whole cafeteria. Kayla pulled a chair and plopped down next to her. She had expected this is going to happen. She was even surprised that they let a day passed without confronting her. Shoot but she isn't prepared yet. The whole two nights weren't enough for making up a story that she thinks will be convincing enough for these two.

"Explain what?" She asked in a casual tone. Pretending to be having a little hard time pushing in the straw to the orange juice tetra pack.

"Don't you play dumb on us Kirsten Nicole Smith! Explain why you and Ethan were all of a sudden acting like lovesick puppies after coming back from the restroom the other night."  Ali said not even bothering to sit down. 

"Were dating ok." She blurted. Better not beat around the bush anymore.

Kayla choked in her own saliva if that's even possible.

"What?!"  Both were looking at her in utter shock.

"But - how did it happen? Coz I swear you two were just bickering with each other an hour before that. That just doesn't make any sense." says Kayla in disbelief.

Oh yeah. She knows it coz she was there.

"I don't know too it happened so fast."

"It happened so fast? What exactly happened? And don't you dare give us a story that only happens in the movies coz we're not buying it. Well I don't. Do you Kayla?" Ali said turning to Kayla.

Kayla with mouth's full of chocolate chip cookies just shook her head.

"Just when did you become so reckless at things like this. That's not so you. You aren't fooling anyone! So come on. Spill it out. What are you two up to?" Ali, looking like a lawyer in the courtroom demanded. Aargh! This girl has a radar as big as Titanic's!

"Guys were dating and not getting married. So chill. We just figured we actually like each other and came into terms that we'll try US out. We'll date and see where it takes us. If it doesn't work then ok. No big deal."

"Do you seriously expect us to believe that?"

This is so frustrating! Can't they just let this go? "I thought you wanted me to break out of my shell? This is my way of doing it. He told me he likes me and he isn't that bad to me. So why prolong it if we'll end up dating eventually anyway? I know I may sound desperate but I just figured how I hadn't really given myself a chance to explore. How I am stuck at being boyfriendless at 18."

That earned her a sympathetic look from the two. Way to go Kirsten! Looks like you just did a great job!

"Whatever. Just to let you know we are not fully convinced yet but I guess we'll just have to support you on this." Ali smiled and so did Kayla.

"Thanks. I need that really." She almost let out a heavy sigh of relief but restrained herself from doing it. Suddenly she felt guilty for keeping this from her friends. 

___________________

With her books tucked between her arm, Kirsten turned the dial to enter her combination lock. She pulled the locker open then shoved the books inside when she felt a presence behind her. She instinctively turned her head and saw Xander with an unsure smile on his lips, leaning againts the lockers behind her and arms across his chest.