Chapter 3:Small World Huh!

And here is Chapter 3! And yes I am dedicating this Chapter to @xOrdinaryUnicornx. My very first critic. Haha! Thank you! Picture on the right is of Victoria Justice as Kayla!

________________________

"Kayla the cable guy is here!"

"So? Let him in then." Kayla said  without taking her eyes away from the TV.

"I can't!"

"And why not?". She said giving her a "you're weird" look.

"Because the cable guy is the guy at the bar!"

Kayla quickly turned to face her. "You mean the french kisser Asian hottie?"

"Ah-hah."

"Seriously?"

"How I wish I am not!"

"The cable guy is the hottie at the bar? Unbelievable. Small world isn't it?" She said crossing her arms. The smirk plastered  on her face says she doesn't care at her discomfort at all.

A series of knocks at the door made her almost jump. It was then followed by another ring at the doorbell.

"Goodness Kirsten let the guy in! It's not as if he's a psycho-killer or something." Kayla says. She is already making her way towards the door and she started to panic more.

"I'll get it. You go to the bathroom coz you look like you're gonna pee in your pants."

She hurriedly run towards the bathroom. Not that she was really going to pee but she needed a reason to escape even for a while. She's just not ready to face him yet.

"What's wrong with her? She could've broken my nose!"

Kirsten heard the guy said annoyance obvious in his tone just before she closes the bathroom door.

________________________________

"Are we gonna be charged for this one?". Kirsten asked Ethan a.k.a the hottie at the bar slash her first kiss slash the cable guy. She was talking about the service fee. He has not even been here for more than 10 minutes and he was already able to get the TV working. Turned out the cable box wasn't turned on at all. How stupid can she get!

"No you won't. It's on me."

"Its on you?" Kayla asked with one brow raised.

"Yep. I'll just the tag it as an issue on our end."

He said while putting the remote back on the top of the glass center table. It's so surprising how he can act so normal. It was obvious he recognized her.

"Good. I don't think we should be charged for this anyway. All you did was flick something on the remote."

"That's the reason why there's technical support. They try to fix the issue over the phone as much as possible to avoid service calls."

"Your tech support wasn't very much efficient!"She retorted. Suddenly she felt sorry for the representative over the phone. She was in fact helpful. It's just that she was just maybe too lazy to do everything she was being asked to do. But she's not admitting that of course!

"Or maybe you weren't very cooperative."

Kirsten gasped. This boy clearly doesn't know what customer service is!

"Have you been patient enough to go through the troubleshooting steps?" He smirked.

"She was asking me to do stuff I don't know about!"

"Yeah Because pressing the power button on the remote is hard. So sure you don't know it"

The level of her patience is starting to go low. This guy sure knows how to get on her nerves.

"You do know  that I can report you to your supervisor right? You are rude. Unprofessional. Are you even legal?"

"Yeah. Aren't you too young to work as a cable guy?" That was Kayla. Seriously? Her concern was the guy's age and didn't even care about his annoying remarks towards her friend?

"I can assure you I am."  He smiled. To Kayla.

And how come her friend gets to earn a smile and she doesn't? That was the first time she had seen him smile that she was already starting to think he has some serious personality issues. And his smile...wow. It was breathtaking. Like a breath of fresh air. Boyishly handsome yet sexy.

Wait. One smile and she was already starting to drool? You're sick Kirsten!

"I'm going."

"Oh to your next job?" Asks Kayla.

"Nope. Not really. This is my only job for the day."

"Really? So you're going straight home?"

Kirsten gave Kayla a "What's with all the questions?Are you two like buddies now?" look hoping she gets the message.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But I hope you're not inviting me to stay for your chick flick. I'll pass."

Kayla chuckled.She was giggling as if she doesn't have a boyfriend named Marty!

"We're not don't worry. But you see, our little Kirsten here doesn't have a date for tonight's party. I hope you could join so at least she won't look like a loser."

Whatta! Did she just call her a loser and did she just invite Ethan to a party as her date?! As if he's not going to decline it!

"Sure. I'm not doing anything tonight anyway."

There. She easily jumps to conclusions. She opened her mouth to protest but Ethan was already heading to the door after making Kayla sign a piece of paper.

" What was that for?" She said glaring at Kayla right after Ethan left.

"What? I'm doing you a favor. I'm taking you to a party with a hot date because I want you to live your life to the fullest. That's what real friends do!"

Great. I have such wonderful friends. She thought to herself with all the sarcasm.