"You're gonna be okay. You can sleep and give yourself some well deserved peace,"

"I wanna go home,"

"I know darling,"

"I was supposed to be in the office,"

"Clearly there is a reason you're in a bed, so you need to stay here, okay?"

"Okay,"

"I'm sorry you haven't got much company. You need bed rest, but if you can keep walking or sitting it will do you good,"

When she didn't reply, I looked down and found her fast asleep, her head buried in my chest. She was so exhausted.

"You should sleep too, you know?"

"I've got to work,"

"I will go and talk to the chief,"

"Thankyou,"

I slid my shoes off and turned off my page, then curled up with her and fell asleep myself.

"Dr Blaisdell, I need to check Isabelle's vitals,"

"Huh?"

"You need to get up," Juliet smiled.

I rubbed my eyes and climbed out the bed, watching her take Isabelle's vitals.

"Am I still working?"

"No," she said, giving Izz a smile as she woke up, "Hello again,"

"I want Kaykay,"

"I'm here," I said, "I am here baby,"

"I don't wanna be here,"

"I know,"

She reached out and I sat beside her, kissing her forehead. Juliet gave her some more painkillers and then paged someone before quietly leaving.

I sat beside Izz and ran my fingers through her hair, bundling her up in the duvet as she began to shiver. Not long later I could hear Juliet and Luke mumbling outside, then Luke came in and gave us a small smile.

"Hey darling," he said, "I'm not gonna touch you, just sit and talk. Juliet told me your heart rate is through the roof. Are you feeling scared?"

"Yeah,"

"I get that. If you ever have any questions then you can ask us, even if you think they're stupid,"

"I just want to be told I won't die,"

"You won't," I said, "I wont let you,"

"From my doctors,"

"Isabelle,"

"Let me see the scans,"

"I'm not sure that is a good idea because you might read them wrong," Luke said calmly.

"Then read them to me. I am 16, I want to see,"

I shook my head and he sighed, pretending to look for them.

"Take some acting classes,"

"Izz,"

"What? I can't see my own scans? My own body,"

"We don't want you to think about all of that," Luke said, holding her hand, "Your heart cannot handle being this fast for this long. You're putting unnecessary pressure on it,"

"I can't be trapped in this room,"

"We can go for a walk?"

"No. Show me the scans or let me watch a surgery,"