23

Isabelle

"It's getting late," Calum smiled, "Sierra is gonna change your dressing, you're stuck with me for the night,"

"We're having a sleepover?"

"You could call it that,"

Sierra strode in and put gloves on, dumping a load of dressing by my bed.

"I can't believe you're awake and talking,"

"Why?"

"You should be exhausted! If you don't want to see your cut then I'd look at Cal,"

"I want to see,"

"Mkay. It goes to your chest I am afraid, cover yourself as best as you can,"

"Oh, so everyone basically saw me half naked?"

"Fully naked," she said, "Sorry about that!"

"At least I was asleep,"

"Yeah. We tried to cover you up but unfortunately when you're racing to save someone, you don't care what's on show,"

"It's okay," I said quietly, "I'm not gonna be naked now, am I?"

"You're just about covered, don't worry," she said, chuckling as I jumped when she replaced dressing right above my underwear.

"No one has explained what actually happened,"

"Well usually you'd be asleep after a surgery like that," Calum said, adjusting my gown and holding it to cover up my chest. I couldn't really hold my arms that high up.

"We removed everything from around your chest, and began to work downwards, but you couldn't handle it so we wrapped you up and put you in a coma. We had to remove a kidney, then a couple of days later we went back in and removed as much as we could. You still need chemo,"

"So if I have one less kidney, am I gonna weigh less?"

"We do not want you to weigh less," Calum said, bringing my gown down once it was finished, "I need to feed you before bed, actually. And brush your teeth,"

"Okay, what's on the menu?"

"Mush,"

"Ew," I giggled, "I don't talk much while I'm fed,"

"That's okay,"

"Surprise!"

I looked up and saw Michael stood at the door holding a bag, giving me a wide smile.

"Just in time for tea,"

"I am about to head home, but I brought you a few bits. It feels like I haven't seen you in days,"

"I haven't seen anyone in days,"

"Okay, true. Here,"

He placed the gift bag on my lap and I tried to open it, but I was too weak so Sierra took the bag and opened it for me.

"Let's see. Lipbalm,"

"Good, I need that,"

"A blue beanie, that's cool,"

"Thank you, Michael,"

"This looks like a book,"- "Is that about brain surgery?"

"Hey, don't move," Calum said.

"Yeah, you're gonna be an expert by the time you leave the hospital,"

"Then I can scrub in,"

"Nice try,"