26

Isabelle

"Michael,"

"Mhm,"

"P-please can you- can you get me more pain meds," I groaned, "Please,"

"I'll get a nurse,"

"It hurts,"

"Try not to cry darling, that will hurt you more," he said, "I know this sucks,"

"Michael,"

He slid his arm under me and kissed my head, hugging me while we waited for a nurse. When they came,they gave me more painkillers, also taking my vitals.

Whatever it was was enough for them to page Calum, who swiftly entered my room and gave us a smile.

"Hey princess, mind if I do a small checkup?"

"I just wanna sleep,"

"I know, I'll be quick. Michael can leave the room if you want?"

I nodded, so he let go of me and brushed the hair from my face before leaving. Then, Calum pulled my gown up and put gloves on, gently peeling back the dressing.

He turned the main light on with his elbow and then carefully wiped it down, placing his hand on it.

"Can you describe the pain?"

"It just hurts," I gasped, "A lot,"

"Where does it hurt the most?"

I put my hand there and he started to press on it, making me let out a large welp.

"Oh sweetheart, I am sorry. Everything seems okay to me, it might be your food, or just a tough night. Your labs and scans have all been coming back clean,"

"It hurts so much,"

"Deep breaths," he reminded, "It will get better. You should try and sleep again,"

"Can I have a hug?"

"Sweetheart,"

He held me in his arms and hushed me, gently scratching my back. His touched was soft, and calming like Ashton's, and I didn't realise quite how much I missed being in my own bed hearing Ash and Kaykay in the other room watching tv.

At some point, I fell asleep again, and woke up in the middle of the day. Nobody was around anymore, and I felt like I had wasted my time with Michael. We shared the same passion, and I wanted to talk more about it with him.

Also, I could not longer be mad at Ashton, Luke or Sierra because I didn't feel the rage anymore; they were trying to do me good. Besides, I had hated scowling at Ashton.

I did love making remarks, but hated having to hate him. He'd stepped up to a huge role by allowing Kaykay to bring me over to LA.

As I woke up a little more, a nurse noticed and checked up on me, telling me she'd get someone to come and see me.

The only person I wanted to see was Kaykay, so when she walked I was relieved.

"Hey baby,"

"I have missed you,"

"We need to hang out huh?"

"I want to come home,"

"This weekend. You can sleep in your bed, and we can watch movies on the sofa, and do whatever you want,"

"I don't want chemo today,"

"Oh sweetheart, I know. You're doing so well,"

"I feel like my body isn't even mine anymore. I feel like im about to fall to pieces,"