Announcement

Charles was about to leave Diana's bedside when she convulsed, the monitors on her life support simultaneously alarmed and the doctors attending to her immediately entered to check and stable her condition. Charles was horrified at the site and in a state of shock, he never thought something like this could happen to Diana of all people.

The director of the hospital led him back to his room, and helped him seat on his couch and offered him a glass of water to calm himself.

"Her doctors will do everything for her your royal highness, lady Diana is a fighter and she will fight for her life." The director said reassuringly.

Charles nodded and took a sip of his water, "I just never thought I will see her like that. She's in so much pain and I can't do anything about it."

"She will get through it your royal highness believe in the power of God to save her and lady Diana's own fighting spirit."

...xxx...

After 30 minutes Dr Piers knocked and entered Charles' room, "We managed to stable her again your royal highness, she pulled through."

Charles stood up and felt some burden lifted off of him with what the doctor said. "Thank you Dr. Piers."

"We are still far from the worst your royal highness but we will do our best for her, you can assure that." Dr. Piers nodded and left.

"I will take my leave as well your royal highness, you also need to rest and be strong for her." The director said and left Charles.

...xxx...

After the director left, Charles' called for his secretary.

"Your royal highness."

"How are the media outside?"

"They are speculating about the condition of lady Diana."

"We must release an official statement. I want you to arrange it, I will personally announce Diana's condition."

"As you wish your royal highness."

"Another thing, bring me a satellite phone that I can use to directly call my family at home. I can't risk people tapping my phone calls and do me a favor and block Camilla's number on the satellite phone. Update the queen about the latest on Diana's condition and arrange for Diana's siblings travel here to Paris for them to visit her."

His secretary was a little taken back at what the prince said but nodded nonetheless.

"Inform the servants and guards at all our properties back home that Camilla is not to be seen anywhere near our property. As soon as Diana can return with me back to England I will officially break off whatever Camilla and I still have. That is why I want to cut off all my ties with her as soon as possible."

"As you wish your royal highness, I will arrange your press briefing with the hospital director and your private guards. As for the sattelite phone I will procure it as soon as possible, and as for your other request consider it done immediately." His secretary said and left to do the things Charles asked him to.

That is what Charles liked about his secreatry he rarely asks questions regarding his desicions and will do what he was told.

...xxx...

When Charles promised to his sons that he will make their family whole again, he already thought about what to do to show Diana his sincerity about his promise by cutting off all ties with Camilla as soon as possible. Yes Camilla will always hold a special place in his life and he wanted nothing but for her to be his wife someday but the circumstance changed for them.

When he gotten word of Diana's accident, he knew he had to do something and if it meant finally letting go of Camilla for Diana he will do it, and that is what he's doing now.

Ever since his divorce with Diana and without the pressure of the royal family and the media in them, Charles and Diana become closer than they did when they were married, he enjoyed the times they spent together talking over tea about their children and their lives separately. Diana matured with her experiences with him and the strangers she met and helped.

He never gave them a chance before because of his blind and lingering love for Camilla, when Diana offered him nothing but pure love. Now he's finally getting over Camilla and will start again with Diana if she will take him again, he will do everything he can for her to take him back he just hopes Diana will get through with what she's going through now.

...xxx...

Charles took a nap in his room, he haven't had any rest since he woke up to the news of Diana's accident. He looked at his watch, it was 7 am, and he must prepare for his meeting with the press at 8 am.

After he showered and changed his suit his secretaty and security detail fetched him from his room to lead him in front of the hospital where the media and people are already waiting for an update about Diana's condition. Before he went down to brief the press and people waiting for an update he took a peek inside Diana's room to check on her.

After Dr. Piers told him the latest about Diana's condition before he went with his secretary and security detail to meet with the people paitiently waiting for him.

"First of all I want to thank the people praying for Diana, she needs all of our prayers right now." He tried to compose himself, he's afriad he might break down in front of everyone who had gone silent after hearing his opening sentence.

"Diana's badly injured from the car accident and is barely hanging into life. I appreciae everyone's concern for her but I would gladly appreciate it if you will give us privacy in this matter so that my wife can heal quickly. My secretary will update the press whenever there is an update on her condition. Thank you." Charles was quickly led away by his secretary and security detail after he's done with his speech.

The press and the people were in an uproar after Charles called Diana 'my wife', it was no secret that they divorced last year and for him to still call her my wife was enough to send everyone into frenzy. The press wanted to know more about Charles' statement but he was immediately led away before they could ask anymore questions.

The main headlines on every news are Diana's accident and Charles calling Diana his wife despite being divorced for a year.

However Camilla was not pleased with what Charles announced to the world.

....xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.