Closure

The royal family decided to spend the holidays at Balmoral Castle after Catherine's christening, this year Charles and Diana are the masters of ceremonies for the Christmas and New Year's party.

They are on board the royal train to Balmoral, Diana's holding her daughter in her arms listening to William and Harry tell stories about their life in school.

"Hey Harry do you want to kill time by playing chess with me?" William challenged.

"Get ready to be defeated brother." Harry said with confidence.

"Mum we will take our leave, we'll go play chess at our cabin." William said to his mother.

William and Harry gave their little sister a kiss on the cheek before they left.

"Great we are on a holiday vacation and my secretary's already discussing with me my schedules for january." Charles said with a sigh when he entered the cabin he shares with Diana. "Is she asleep?

"Yes, she fell asleep after I am done weaning her."

"I will take Cathy to her nanny so you can rest we have a long ride to Balmoral." Charles took his daughter from Diana to bring her to her nanny.

...xxx...

When Charles returned he placed his arms around Diana's shoulder and looked at the view outside.

"It's nice to come back to Balmoral with you, William, Harry and now our daughter." Charles said, it's been years since Diana came to Balmoral. This is the first time she returned since they got married again.

"Yes, I am excited with our plans for Christmas and New Year."

"I want us to ride horses tomorrow with our sons and have a picnic together if you don't mind."

Diana nodded, even though she somehow conquered her fear of horses she's still not as enthusiastic of them like her husband and sons do.

"We never talked about your fear horses don't we?" Charles always wondered why Diana fears them.

Taking a deep breath she answered, "When I was still a child, Sarah and I went riding in Althorp when my horse got spooked from a loud noise that got me thrown off the horse. I fell down and disclocated my left wrist, since then I've been afraid of horses but I did manage to conquer my fear eventually."

Charles took her left hand and kissed her wrist, "I'm sorry I didn't know. I should have asked you before but instead I thought you were just acting like a child asking for my attention by throwing a fit in the past for refusing to ride a horse."

"It's alright, I think you just assumed that I liked horses like my elder sister Sarah."

He nodded, he never felt so guilty before. It was also during that time when he neglected Diana by running to his lover Camilla everytime they have an argument that eventually pushed Diana to seek her riding instructor and bodyguard herself.

...xxx...

"How does Catherine fare over her brothers before when they were still babies?" Charles asked to change the topic and refuse opening some already healed wounds of the past.

"Catherine's easy to take care of she's not as clingy and noisy as Harry before when he's her age. William's always an obedient baby, he only cries when he's hungry or need changing." Diana said remembering how her boys behaved when they were still babies.

Charles nodded, he did not remember much of Harry's childhood for he rarely spends time with Diana after he was born. It was also during that time when their relationship was at its worst because of his attitude to Harry and he regrets it even now.

Diana felt Charles stiffen, "Do you still regret not spending enough time with Harry when he was young?"

"I do and will be until I die. It took me a while before I warmed up to him, thank God he didn't resent me for how I treated him."

"Harry loves you a lot and he's proud of you. You did everything you can as a father to show him how much you truly love and care for him to make up for what you did."

"I know, it's my fault when I put the blame of my frustrations on him just because he's the first ginger haired boy on the family, and we were having troubles then that it caused me to doubt his paternity a dumb thought that I still hate myself for to this day. I put you both in pain you did not deserve and for that I am sorry." Charles said in pain how could he doubt if Harry's really his son when he was born. He hurt his innocent child that caused Diana to push him away completely.

Diana can feel Charles in pain after remembering who he was before, "Harry and I have forgiven you already, don't burden your heart with it anymore."

"I don't deserve you and my children, yet you were given to me and I am thankful for that."

"I will always belong to you Charles, so are your children. Whatever happened in the past will stay in the past. The lessons we learned from our past made us stronger and our family closer than ever."

...xxx...

Charles kissed Diana and put all his love into the kiss which she equally returned. The kiss they shared got more heated for its been long since they got intimate. When Diana got pregnant with Catherine the last time they made love was on Diana's first trimester when her morning sickness was not yet worse and her blood pressure during her pregnancy was still normal.

"Di..." Charles moaned just loud enough for the two of them to hear when he felt her opening the top two buttons of his shirt.

Diana's kisses travelled down to his jaw, neck and to the hollow space between his clavicle. She focused on that spot and sucked on it marking him as hers and hers alone.

Charles was having a hard time controlling himself from taking his wife right there at the moment she found his weak spot and marked him.

Satisfied with the muffled sounds of his moaning after what she did, Diana stopped and closed the buttons of his shirt.

"You tease." Charles said trying to calm his breathing, hoping his body part that was fully awake will calm also.

Diana smilled, she likes taking control of him sometimes because it makes her feel powerful inside. "Too bad you can't tell everyone to leave us alone."

"I sure can't but I can tell the engineer to increase the speed of the train to reach Balmoral faster." Charles said and when he finally calmed he left his wife to talk to the engineer.

...xxx...

"Your majesty, his royal highness prince Charles wants me to increase the speed of the royal train." The engineer said to the queen when he asked for an audience with her.

"Why? Is there something wrong with his daughter that he wanted us to reach Balmoral faster?" Queen Elizabeth asked with worry.

"I don't know maam, but the prince insisted."

"Alright do increase the speed of the train I will ask my son later."

...xxx...

The royal train reached Balmoral castle in record time and Charles can't be more glad.

"We are not to be disturbed." Charles said to the lady in waiting and closed the door to his and Diana's room.

"Call for Charles there's something I need to ask him." Queen Elizabeth said to her lady in waiting.

"I am sorry your majesty but the prince said he and the princess are not to be disturbed."

Philip laughed and dismissed the lady in waiting.

"I don't see what is funny with what she said." Queen Elizabeth said with a frown.

"Lighten up dear, it seems your son's eager to reach here to spend some private time with Diana."

...xxx...

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes.