“Am glad you got out of the house” he said and I nodded. I wanted to tell him I didn't have a choice. That he and my brother forced me but I stayed silent and smiled at him. Not widely but a smile to show him I appreciate everything he did for me.

My heart jumped with excitement. The excitement that soon I will get my face back and won't hide anymore. Sitting at Christopher's office and waiting for him to come up with the results and explanation of everything that would take place when they fix my face.

I couldn't sleep last night just waiting for today. I was desperate.

The moment he walked into the office, I held my breath. I didn't know why I did that but I couldn’t breathe for a minute and waited for him to say something. I want to get it over with and am happy that it is happening soon and I will go back to my life.

“Am sorry but we have to wait for another week-”

He didn't have to finish the sentence as I glared at him with so much hatred and anger. He snapped his mouth shut.

Another week? Another week. He is saying it like it is a simple thing and I will be rewarded for staying like this for another damn fucking week.

“Please sit down and let me explain,” he said and I looked at myself.

Oh, I was standing. When did I get on my feet? Sighing I brought my hand to my face, stopping when I felt it again. The scar. I traced it with my fingers feeling every line as if it was drawn on my face.

Starting from my eyes going to my cheek. The skin folded together in different bumps and shapes. Why? Why did the oil choose my face above any other part of my body? Why did I have to get burnt on my face?

I felt a hand touch me and I snapped. Opening my eyes, it was just my brother. Rubbing the wet area of my cheek.

I was crying? When did i-

“ how long have you been like this? This isn't good, you will enter into depression if this goes on. Please-it's just a week and everything will be okay” he said in a soft voice.

my heart turned in my chest with so much anger. He wasn't me, he wasn't the one being humiliated and called all the names in the world. He wasn't the one who is left with all his friends the moment they will know how I look right now.

No, he wasn't. He still looked perfect and handsome. Just like he always does. Just like how I used to look back then before the accident. So he can't sit here and tell me to just wait a week.

“ Then three days, give me three days, please. There are things I need to confirm” he pleads and I pushed him.

I closed my eyes to calm myself down. Taking short deep breaths, looking away from him.

“I will go to another hospital then, “I said. My voice came out bitter. I didn't hide it. I didn't hide the pain and anger I felt within.

He was doing it on purpose and I knew it. He wanted me to look like this forever by extending my surgery every fucking day. Christmas is coming for god's sake, I can't spend Christmas looking like this. Why can’t he see that?

“I can see that, and I want the best for you. I want to give you the same face you had last time. The one you were born with and not a different one. By this I needed time to complete everything so that when you are done, it won't take much time to heal, '' he said again.