Miles~02~

🌲

Christopher looked at me as if what I said was the most forbidden word on the planet. Maybe they were. But he wasn’t me. He hadn’t been with me for the past three months.

I have been waiting for him to have my surgery. I don't want to trust any other doctor while my brother was at the top three plastic surgeons in the world.

“Looks are everything especially to this world of business. Anyone can sell anything as long as they have good looks” I remember saying this to my ex-girlfriend and in front of my friends and we ended up laughing.

“ says the person who looks like an angel. Seriously Miles, what are your features made of? You can play a fallen angel at any time.” my friend Nick said and I had to smile at that.

My heart aches at the memory. I look at myself through the side mirror of the passenger seat. I want to rip this face-off and throw it away. Why? Why had it had to be my face and not my legs? The oil had to choose my face.

Closing my eyes, I sighed. Christopher beside me was silent to his house.

This wasn't the first time I had been here in LA. But I prefer my place more. Where my house is and most of my business. Christopher chose the busiest city to stay in.

The city lights shine bright, revealing the Christmas decorations all over. Different colors and music could be heard indicating Christmas was near. And it was. Just two weeks to come.

I promised myself I wouldn't spend Christmas with this face. And I was happy when he called and told me my surgery was scheduled already. I will be able to see my girlfriend soon. I have been lying to her that I have traveled for three months. But I can’t keep lying anymore.

“ I am sorry about today,”

I opened my eyes and glanced at him. His handsomeness took hold of me off guard. Or it was just me again being self-conscious of myself. As if feeling my discomfort and envy, he spoke something absurd.

“I can destroy my face if you think I am so handsome,” he was looking at me this time.

I smiled. Thanking him for the consideration but I wouldn't want this to anyone else. Especially not my brother. After having this huge scar on my face that covered most of the parts of my left eye to all my mouth, I discover a lot of things about myself. And that is, even with a lot of money, people will leave you if you are ugly.

I looked down at my hands then back at my brother. I shook my head and returned my gaze to watching the city of Los Angeles at its best night.

I spotted a couple hugging and kissing each other. They were beautiful. My insecurity builds up like a hurricane. I couldn't breathe for a second. A sharp pain nailing in my heart. Jealous

Now I am jealous of stupid things. I. Miles Reynolds is envious of over good looks of people.

I wonder if anyone would ever date me while I still look this way. Oh, no way, who would try...I mean I wouldn't date me in this look.

“ I would” Christopher answered.

Oh, I spoke my thoughts again out loud. Shit.

We pulled into the most luxurious modern apartment and I stared at it. Christopher drove us through the road to the parking lot. I put my mask on again as he switched off the engine.