“No one will see you here,” he said. I didn't reply as I looked outside. Yes, it’s dark already.

I went straight to the bathroom to clean myself, leaving Christopher preparing dinner. He enjoys cooking and I have loved his food ever since I was a little boy.

The shower didn't take long for me, not that I like watching myself in those mirrors anyway. Coming back to the sitting room and meeting a furious Christopher and an apologetic Matthew.

Shit. he will kill his husband again.

Mathew frowned and shook his head. “I always stand behind you Chris, you are my husband. I may not always agree with you, and there will be times I may not make a decision you agree with, but I always and will always stand behind you”

He touched my brother's shoulder and Chris harshly removed his hand. I saw the pain in Matthew's eyes as he bit his lips. The last thing I want is to cause trouble between two love birds but I did that anyway.

“ Okay, do whatever you want, I will never stop you. Sue, the airline, and I will stand by you and not my family.'' Mathew said, sounding very defeated but loving at the same time.

Christopher got more furious as he slammed the table. I flinched. He has always been like that, hot- short-tempered.

“I don't need you to stand by me Mathew, all I asked is for you to take care of my brother. Your brother-in-law. But you failed and he was hurt.” Christopher said. He didn't sound mad, he sounded hurt and broken.

I closed my eyes and showed myself to them. I walked and sat down at the table Chris was serving. I breathed slowly and raised my eyes to look at Mathew. I shook my head to him, warning him not to say another word to anger him more.

Matthew breathed and left the room and right there I saw my brother looking at him as if to stop him from going anywhere. But he didn't say anything or move, he just looked at his husband with need and love and regret.

Mathew walked a few steps and stopped. His shoulders sagging as he stayed still. He didn't move for about a minute, then he turned back and walked straight to his husband and hugged him.

Christopher hugged him back the moment Mathew wrapped his hands around him. He breathed loudly and hide his face in the crook of Mathew’s neck. Whispering words I couldn't hear much but I’m sorries.

Mathew said back many times as he hugged him. Tighter and tighter as the second passes. Until laughingly my brother tapped him and screamed for him to let go.

I laughed with them. Yes, that is my brother, he can be everything but he is most loving, caring, and kind. And I am glad he got Mathew as his husband.

“Am sorry, I will take better care of him next time '' Mathew said and kissed Chris' cheeks. Oh boy, my brother blushed all over and I had to hide my face from seeing that.

“Am 25 years old in case you forgot. I Am not six told them and Mathew laughed.

“And we are 13 to 10 years apart. Still a little boy to us' 'Mathew said and ruffled my hair.

Christopher’s phone rang and he went to pick it up, leaving me with Matthew catching up. We haven't seen each other for about five months. Not long but we had a habit of seeing each other every week. They would travel to me and spend a few weeks with me.