14: Tiny Little Problems

The safety of the Salvatore School didn't feel so safe where Analiese Bane was concerned. If shadowhunters could invade her home, the place where she was supposed to feel safe why couldn't they get in the school? She woke to the sun in her eyes and a sinking feeling in her chest. Jonathan's side of the bed felt cool to the touch, he'd probably woken early to train knowing him. She'd only managed to get a few hours of fitful sleep since they'd fled the house. They'd taken her mother, her best friend, and one of the few people in this world she could trust. Those bastards had also taken her big brother, he was born into their world but he'd hated what little he could remember. Not even the father she had come to know and trust was safe. She had left him a flurry of messages and several voicemails he hadn't gotten back to her. In the four weeks, he had been in her life whenever she had messaged or called him, he had never failed to answer as soon as possible.

No one she loved was safe from those pathetic bastards...

A soft knock came at the door, she rubbed her eyes and yawned before shrugging on one of Jonathan's sweatshirts. The door opened to reveal Alaric who offered her a sympathetic smile. Appearing at the school late at night had forced the group to divulge everything, including Analiese's pregnancy. She was grateful he hadn't been angry or disappointed in her, perhaps the tears streaming down her cheeks had helped with that.

"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked walking into the room and sitting on the edge of the bed. Analiese pulled her knees to her chest and let out a heavy sigh, she wasn't sure how she should feel.

"Honestly?......not great. I don't know what to do. I feel sick but not like that..." There was so much to talk about, to do, and to plan. She and Jonathan were two powerful supernatural creatures, there was no telling how powerful this child might be. She was a target if anyone from the shadow world found out she was carrying Jonathan's child.

"I know you're scared..." He took a deep breath, she knew he was trying to find the right words. 

"We'll do everything we can to keep you and the baby safe. I made an appointment for you with Dr. Salvatore, she can help." Analiese bit her lip; she knew Dr. Salvatore the town doctor was both loved and respected. Not to mention she and her husband Damon used to be vampires and knew the school's secrets. She just wasn't sure how much she could be told and have it remain kept under lock and key.

Alaric placed a hand on her shoulder and offered a warm smile. He'd always looked at Morgan's girls as if they were his own. All the kids at the school were his responsibility, but the Bane sisters were special. He knew Morgan would kill them if he didn't look after her daughters. It wasn't difficult to see that Analiese was terrified about being pregnant, he couldn't blame her. Being eighteen may have made her an adult in the eyes of the law but she was still just a kid.

"Thanks, Dr. Saltzman... I really appreciate all of this. It means a lot to me." She said offering a small smile.

"Get dressed and come downstairs, breakfast first and then we'll head to the appointment." Analiese nodded, getting information about her baby might put her mind at ease. There was no telling what kind of things could happen with a supernatural pregnancy like this. She was a mixture of four different supernatural beings, Jonathan himself was a shadowhunter who had been possessed with demon blood.

This was going to be one hell of a ride...

            Hearing the hearbeat of the child in her womb was a surreal experience for Analiese. The small life inside of her was growing faster than it would in a normal human pregnancy. While she had only been pregnant for a month, the baby was the size of a two and a half month pregnancy. Jonathan's eyes were glued to the ultrasound screen from the moment it had turned on. Analiese realized it was the first time he had seen he could create something instead of destroying it. He had her hand in a tight grip as Dr. Elena Salvatore showed the two teens their child.