2: Like Father, Like Daughters

School time, both a happy and utter disappointment in the Bane household. Mystic Falls was as good a place as any to raise three teenage girls. Adrianne, Analiese, and Hope were the loves of her life. She spoiled them rotten to make up for the fact that they had no real father in their lives or any other family at all for that matter. The Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted not only did it provide her daughters with a way to control their abilities. But it provided her with a job and a nice guy like Alaric Saltzman.

But being spoiled and going to a school for the supernatural did just enough to hide the fact that Morgan Bane was hiding something. And yet waking up her daughters and making sure they got to school in one piece was the main priority.

"GIRLS!! MORNING, GET UP NOW OR YOU ARE WALKING TO SCHOOL!!" Morgan Bane couldn't help but smile as she hears several thumps and even a curse word. She seats herself at the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee. She checks her watch just as three pairs of feet come thundering down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Morning Mom," Adrianne says kissing her mother's cheek on the way to the coffee maker.

"Good morning Adri." Adrianne was the elder of Morgan's twin daughters. Lookwise, she took after her mother but in personality, she was her father's daughter. Her twin sister Analiese was the exact opposite and though she hated to admit it, it hurt to look into her daughter's eyes at times. Hope was a perfect blend of both her parents and though she shared a father with Morgan's girls she was every bit her mother's daughter. Morgan had never me Hayley Marshal but she swore the next time she did she'd tear the woman's throat out.

"Don't forget we're doing dinner at the Grill tonight!" Morgan yells after her daughters as they race out of her truck. Morgan Bane wasn't a typical woman in her mid-thirties, she'd lived in Mystic Falls for several years and had helped Alaric and Caroline open the school. But not even the few friends she had, knew that she was hiding from the very unhappy life she left behind. Normally, as vice-principal, she would sit in her office with the door closed doing paperwork or playing Tetris on the computer.

But somehow today felt different. And it started the moment she walked in the door and was greeted by a very confused Alaric.

"What's up Ric?" Morgan asked adjusting her purse.

"A woman and her son are in your office. She said something about being an old friend?" His words felt like a punch to the stomach. There was no way in hell, anyone from her past could have found her. The supernatural community of Mystic Falls knew very little about Shadowhunters, a few of her kind that had broken away and had children entrusted them to her care rather than that of the Clave. Alaric and Caroline knew some details about her past and what she was and that included her daughters.

"Jesus Christ Ric, and you let them in?!" Morgan asked trying not to let the panic show.

"She seemed harmless enough. What's going on Morgan?"

"Believe me Ric people like me are far from harmless. I'll let you know more when I'm done."  Morgan hurries off to her office silently praying no one from her old life had actually found her. If one person found her who's to say that others wouldn't follow?

She stopped just short of her office door and slowly reached into her bag for the Serph blade she kept for emergencies. Taking a moment to breathe she opened the door and nearly had a heart attack at the sight in front of her. The "old friend" Alaric had mentioned was a very familiar face, her red hair and green eyes were impossible to forget.