13: Harsh Reality

Analiese Bane stared down at the small stick in her hand with mute shock. There was no way. this could be happening to her. It didn't make sense to her, she and Jonathan had been so careful. But everything changed with that little plus sign in her hands, it made her sick to her stomach. She was only seventeen years old, there was no way she was ready to be a mother. Analiese set the small stick on the bathroom counter and pulled her knees to her chest, she was thankful that the house was so quiet. She leaned her head against the wall trying to think of what she was going to do. Her mother was going to be so disappointed and there was no telling how her father would react, even Adonis, the brother she looked up to might be disappointed. Analiese only wished she could go back to a few hours ago when she was in ignorant bliss. She had refused to believe Jonathan and her sisters when they told her of their suspicions.

"You are all crazy! There is no way in hell I'm pregnant!" Analiese had hissed trying to keep her voice down. Morgan and Adonis were downstairs in the kitchen talking and the last thing Analiese wanted, was for either of them to hear this. 

Adrianne shoved the test into Analiese's hands. "If I'm wrong I will gladly apologize later." Analiese had looked to Jonathan as if the three of them were playing some sort of sick joke. But even Jonathan didn't seem to be joking; he looked extremely nervous, exactly how she felt. 

Analiese had rolled her eyes and stormed into the bathroom.

But that had been a couple of hours ago, Analiese was too terrified to open the door. But even Analiese knew she couldn't hide in the bathroom forever. She opened the door and was flooded with relief when she saw nothing but a dark empty hallway. Jonathan and her sisters must have gotten tired of waiting for her, the last thing she wanted was more attention. Analiese crept down the hall and opened the door to her room only to find Jonathan half asleep waiting for her. He blinked and rubbed his eyes at the sound of the door opening, he looked as though he waiting for her. Jonathan slowly rose to his feet and acted as though he intended to say something, but the tears in her eyes spoke volumes.

She shuffled her way into Jonathan's arms as the tears spilled down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Analiese... I never meant for this to happen." Analiese tried to force words out but nothing came out but more tears.

"H-How...How did this happen? We...We were careful." Jonathan let out a deep breath and lifted Analiese's eyes to meet his.

"Your sister showed it to me too late..." He took a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to her. Analiese took in the prophecy in stony silence, slowly she crumpled the paper and threw it across the room. She looked at Jonathan shaking in anger with more tears running down her cheeks.

"How the hell could you not tell me?! Do you realize how bad this is?!" Analiese hissed, Jonathan replied with an equal amount of frustration.

"I am well aware the timing couldn't be worse. But..." He paused to collect himself. He knew she had every right to be angry, she had every right to hate him. "We will be okay... or at least we will be when we figure out what to do with my sister and her friends."

"That's another thing, how the hell are you so sure Clary is telling the truth? How do you know this prophecy is actually real? She could be doing this to trap or scare you."

"You are pregnant aren't you?" The five words shut her up. She ran her fingers through her hair, they were getting nowhere with their arguing.

"What are we going to d-" Analiese is cut-off when the door to her bedroom quickly opened to reveal a nervous-looking Adrianne and Hope. Before Analiese could ask her sisters why they were barging into her room she noticed the serph blade in Adrianne's hand. Hope put a finger to her lips and closed the door.