10: The worst kind of party

Adrianne Bane hated being at school so early in the morning. But Miss Mystic Falls is one of the most important community events of the year. Adrianne, Hope, Analiese, and Jonathan piled into their mother's truck with her and Adonis. She, her sisters, and the Saltzman twins had signed up months ago and had practiced for hours on end. Analiese had always been reluctant to sign up, her beloved twin sister hated the spotlight.

"Good morning witches!" Lizzie Saltzman exclaims as she opens the doors to the school. It was Lizzie that had convinced Adrianne to sign up in the first place. Lizzie pulls the sisters by the hands shoving everyone else out of the way in the process. She barges into the room she shares with Josie nearly scaring the crap out of her. 

"The day is finally here ladies let's go over the strategy." Analiese plops down in Lizzie's fuzzy foldable chair. Hope flops on Josie's bed while Adrianne flops down on Lizzie's bed. Lizzie pulls out her binder of information and statistics for winners of Miss Mystic Falls, she'd been planning since she was very young.

"Come on Liz, you've gone over this a hundred times. Can we take about literally anything else? I'm begging you." Analiese rolls her eyes. Adrianne gave her twin the 'careful-what-you-wish-for' look.

"Ok then, Ana... tell us more about your boyfriend." Analiese's cheeks grow bright red. Suddenly all the attention is on her twin, Adrianne flips around and props her face up with her elbows. 

"Lizzie stop he's not my boyfriend, we've been out on one date!" Lizzie smirks and crosses her arms.

"Oh please, I lost my virginity to wolf-boy and we've only been one date. Labels are relative, what I'm trying to say is it's not hard to tell he likes you. If you want it go for it." Analiese sinks further in the seat, pulling her knees to her chest. She'd never felt comfortable enough discussing her feelings with others let alone her sisters.

"You guys know I've never felt confident talking about that kind of thing let alone dealing with it. I like him but there is no way I'm pushing it that far." Analiese gets up from the chair and sits down on the bed beside Adrianne. She slips an arm around her sister's shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"Well, maybe nows your time. All I'm saying is boy likes girl, girl likes boy... sex." All four girls roll their eyes, they all knew how excited Lizzie was that she'd finally lost her virginity. 

"Ok! Let's talk about something else. The last thing we need is a distraction."

     Klaus Mikaelson was more than a little nervous, Morgan had permitted him to attend the Miss Mystic Falls. It was a chance for him to see his daughters and get to know them better. Hayley was dying to see Hope again, she was crushed with how cold Hope has been to her. This was the chance for their family to start down the path to making things right. As they entered the foyer of the school, Klaus couldn't help but remember the last Miss Mystic pageant he had attended. Morgan had looked so beautiful and the two of them were still very much in love, his heart ached at the thought.

"I'm glad you came. Analiese was hoping you'd be here." Klaus turned his head and his jaw nearly dropped. Morgan in a dress was every bit as beautiful as he remembered. She was wearing a navy blue satin evening split front halter top with a silver clutch and matching heels. She seemed pleasant enough, her attitude was neutral then again he hadn't done anything to upset her... yet.