5: Bonfires and Burdens

For the first time since she'd come to the Salvatore School, Analiese Bane was looking forward to the bonfire. It was a tradition for the three girls to go and drink and have a little fun, Adrianne more than her sisters. It wasn't unusual to find her attached in a fierce liplock with some guy. But tonight Analiese had something else to occupy her mind, Jonathan had agreed to come much to her surprise. She wasn't even sure why she felt this way about a boy she hardly knows. Analiese analyzes her appearance in the mirror, she wears an off the shoulder sweater, jeans with holes in the knees, and boots her mother had bought for school. Her hair was in a braid laid over her shoulder and her makeup was still looking good, she was ready to have a little fun.

"Come on Ana, we've got to get going!" Adrianne yells from downstairs. Of course, their mother was due to give her yearly warning to not doing anything stupid or have too much to drink. But, as she scrambled downstairs she noticed her mother was nowhere to be seen. Jonathan stands beside both her sisters in a navy long-sleeve and jeans. His hands shoved in his pockets, Jonathan Morgenstern was a mystery to her. One moment he would be warming up to someone then be shut down the next.

"Where's Mom? I thought she was going to give us 'the speech'?" Adrianne shrugs and grabs the keys to her car off the kitchen table.

"Who cares? I want to go drink and have some fun." Analiese rolls her eyes and laughs.

"Then let's go party." 

       Anger and hurt were emotions very familiar to Klaus Mikaelson, he hated to believe he'd been denied the chance to be a father to his daughters. The worst part is he doesn't even know the names of the daughters he had by Morgan. He could only imagine how beautiful they looked, he'd wondered if they had his eyes or that of their mother. Morgan hadn't given him the chance to make his case, he wanted to prove to her that he had changed. All she could see was the Klaus Mikaelson that broke her heart, was it even possible to show her that he had changed for the better?

The Mikaelson family had once again taken up residence in their old home. So long as Klaus' daughters remained in Mystic Falls they would too. His siblings had left him alone once they left the Grill, it wasn't long before they heard smashing and things crashing coming from the direction of his room. Elijah couldn't help but blame himself in a way when he heard what his brother had done he should have gone to Morgan and apologized or helped her in some way. Rebekah was amazed they hadn't figured it out sooner, after so many attempts to find Hope they hadn't considered trying to location the magic that ran in their family. Kol and Freya had never met Morgan, but once the story had been relayed to them they could only imagine the anger and resentment built up between the two.

Klaus needed a spy, someone who wouldn't be noticed and would be able to gain access to his daughters. Slipping out of the mansion he strolled around the streets he once used to terrorize. As he neared the town squared spotted the perfect toy, a young man who looked as though he could pass for a teenager. He vamp sped across the street grabbing the young man by the collar of his shirt. Before the young man had a chance to scream Klaus had his hand over his mouth.

"Don't scream, you're going to do everything I say. Go to the Salvatore School and find three girls under the name of Bane. You will bring them to me. Do whatever you have to, but you will bring them to me." Klaus finishes compelling the helpless human and shoves him out of the alley. He watched smiling from the shadows as the young man walks off in the direction of the Salvatore School.