Henry leaned a bit forward to see Matthew standing on the other side of Edward as he stared down towards his shoes with a smirk plastered across his face; to put it lightly Matthew didn't hate Henry, he absolutely despised him. He despised the way everyone was so charmed by his little brother; who for a good nine years was the baby of the family until Georgina was born. He hated how Henry could literally get away with murder should the situation arise, and though Henry still somehow managed to admire and look up to Matthew, he knew in his heart that if Matthew ever found out about his sexuality it was likely that  Scotland Yard would have an arrest warrant for poor Henry within the hour. It went without saying that Matthew was likely chuffed to bits that his hated little brother was leaving them. 

"I wish you'd reconsider..." Edward said softly, his voice sincere and his eyes seeping with care and love for Henry; he was about five years older than Henry and especially whilst at boarding school Edward acted more like a father to Henry than an older brother. "We'll all miss you terribly."

"Not all of us." Sneered Matthew as he folded his arms over his chest with an irritated look on his face. Henry felt his heart sink in his chest as he lowered his gaze to the ground; he told himself that he hated Matthew, but deep inside his heart he still clung tot he slightest hope that his cruel, hateful brother might one day make amends with him. 

"Matthew, why don't you go somewhere." Edward scolded  before making his way back to the rest of the family on the platform, leaving Edward and Henry alone for a second.

"Don't listen to him, Harry." Edward shot Henry a supportive smile. "When it comes to it, he'll be the one to miss you most."

"I doubt that highly, but... Thank you for saying it regardless." Henry sighed as he glanced up at his older brother's kind eyes, sensing a glint of dread in them. "And...Thank you for always being so kind to me. I love you."

"I-I love you too, Harry. But..." Edwards lips gently parted as his eyes seemed to wash over with a sudden realisation. "You... You're not coming back... Are you?"

"It's not quite that simple Edw-"

"There's something going on here, isn't there..." Edward whispered lowly, glancing over across the platform to see his father, the Duke, clenching his fists in anguish as he stood with the rest of the family; hardly the look one would expect of a man sending his youngest son off across an ocean. "What exactly is going on here, Harry?"

"I promise to write often." Henry said softly, evading the question as best he could.

"Whatever's the matter, you can tell me, Harry. I can help you. You're my little brother, I'll always be here for you. You realise that, surely." Edward said genuinely as his warm, loving brown eyes locked steadfast with Henry's deep sea blues. "No matter what..."

"You see, brother. I'm afraid you're wrong in that regard." Henry closed his eyes and pursed his lips to hide his pain. "I don't think you'd be there for me if you knew... Anyway enough of this, we should really ought to get back onto the platform, the train will be in soon." He said dismissively as he turned around to join the rest of the family.

"Whenever you'd go out to the pub or clubs late at night. I used to tell you to be careful." Edward started, making Henry to dead in his tracks. "Had you ever wondered why?" Henry felt his heart stop in his chest, as though the breath was knocked clear out of him. "I know, Henry..."

"Edward, y-you...B-but H-how...?" Henry whipped back around and locked eyes with his brother; they looked so cosy, so understanding, so empathetic.

"I know everything." Edward nodded reassuringly. "I've known since you were a little toddler playing in my lap. I knew my little baby brother was different, and I knew one day he'd need to act upon his differences with the utmost discretion."