V3 Ch3: Omens

Magsimula sa umpisa

Rolling his eyes again, David blinked, his eyes changing to their glowing emerald once more, before blinking again, returning to normal.

David: "Its my semblance. I can basically read your body like a book. Figured it out when my little brother got stabbed in a mugging. I was able to see the artery that got nicked and hold it shut until helped showed up."

Smacking himself lightly on the head for oversharing, David pinched the bridge of his nose in either frustration or confusion.

"My point is, I've worked on a lot of different people, kid. Humans, Faunas, all of em, from every walk of life. And I ain't seen anything like you. Medically at least."

Seeming finished with his work, David quickly moved towards the door, intent on being done with this conversation.

"Ya ain't human kid. Or a Faunas. I don't know what you are to be honest, but it ain't my problem anymore. Good luck with it. Bathroom is across the hall. Someone will be bringing food."

Having seemingly nothing more to say, and leaving Y/n frankly speechless with the tirade he had just been on, David swiftly left the room, not bothering to close the door on the way out.

For several minutes silence infected the room now solely occupied by the umbral student which now sat staring at the wall across the room. His expression gave no tell of his thoughts on the bombshell just dropped on him, but sharp silver eyes seemed to display everything he was feeling.

Confusion, denial, anger, realization and even calm blitzed through his mind at speeds immeasurable by man. He wasn't human?

How? He was from earth, born of human parents, the product of a human bloodline. It shouldn't be possible for him to be anything other than human!

He didnt understand at all, and it pissed him off..! But at the same time, it somehow all made sense!

All those weeks ago, when Roman's little henchwoman, Neo, ran him through with a blade the length of his arm, he was back on his feet fighting 8n a week! And he didnt even relieved professional medical help, they burned it, wrapped it and left it!

He was on the edge of the bed now, his feet resting firmly on the ground as he shakily pulled himself to his feet, grabbing his clothes off the chair next to the bed. He continued to stare in thought as he wobbled out of the room and across the hall, shutting himself in the bathroom David had mentioned.

The more everything made sense, the worse his headache became, but his mind was in overdrive now, and it wasn't slowing down.

Is that why he felt so strange on earth? Why he never belonged? But if thats the case, why did he feel so at home on Remnant? Not a human, not a Faunas...what was he?

Whatever he was, was it why he was sent here instead of dying? Was it the reason for his strange ability to control the dark?

He rose to his feet once more after tying his shoes, still wobbling, but already to a noticeably less degree. Leaning on the granite countertop to support his weight, he ran the faucet, letting his hands fill with cold water before splashing his face, rubbing his closed eyes shortly after.

Finally exposing his silver eyes to the air once more, he let his gaze rest on his shadowed hands as they supported him on the countertop, his form wasn't even flickering at his distance from Ruby, who was easily a mile away at the festival.

At the thought of Ruby his eyes wandered to the mirror in front of him, silver meeting silver as he locked eyes with himself. Even his reflection was...alien, bearing his natural pale skin rather than the shadowy pigment of his physical form. He was unable to think on the difference for long as Ruby invaded his thoughts once more. A part of him wondered, a small part, but it wondered nonetheless...