Request: Belarus x Reader

Request: Belarus (Natalia Arlovskaya) x Reader

A tense feeling floated throughout the air as (Y/N) silently watched Natalia chase after Ivan for his hand in marriage for the third time today. Her best friend continued to chase the large Russian around the building, oblivious to Ivan's blatant disinterest and blinded by her own infatuation for him. Ivan rushed into the room and attempted to hide behind (Y/N)'s chair. She looked over at him but turned her attention to the approaching figure of her best friend. Natalia stopped in front of her "Move. I need to get to him." "Natalia, Ivan is clearly distressed. How about we hang out together instead?" She asked, smiling softly at the woman in front of her "We haven't spent much time together." Natalia ignored her words and followed Ivan who had bolted out of the room. (Y/N) watched the two running down the halls and tried to ignore the slight pain in her chest. 

Despite their proclaimed status as best friends, (Y/N) felt the gradual shift in attention. Before Ivan had moved into their vicinity, Natalia had provided her with undivided attention and (Y/N) missed the moments shared between the two of them. The friendship, alongside (Y/N), had been slowly been neglected and replaced by Ivan. (Y/N) sighed in her seat and rested her head against the desk. 'I can't hate Ivan, it's clearly not his fault' she thought, trying to push away the feeling of jealously threatening to consume her 'Perhaps I should have a serious talk with Natalia about it.' An hour later (Y/N) searched the halls for Natalia and found her standing outside a door with a frustrated expression. She briefly registered the marks on the wooden door before Natalia turned her attention to her.

The Belarusian woman appeared more frustrated at her presence. (Y/N) took a deep breath to calm down her nerves, believing her friend couldn't harm her. "Natalia?" She called out gently, aware of her friend's bad moods and the possible consequences that could result from approaching her. "What?" She replied, watching (Y/N) with an annoyed look "I'm too busy to hang out with you right now." "Why?" She questioned, ignoring the precautions she should take in favour of expressing her pain "You keep ignoring me! You've been neglecting me ever since Ivan appeared. You chase after him instead of spending time with me and I'm tired of being the second choice. Honestly, at this point, I'm not even a choice anymore. You've gone insane Natalia." 

Her friend took a step closer to her and the annoyed look disappeared to be replaced with barely constrained rage "Stop acting like a child." "I'm not the one acting like a child" (Y/N) replied, taking a step closer to the Belarusian "You're acting like a child. Only children chase after their crushes like this. Can't you see how uncomfortable Ivan is? Can't you see how much pain you're causing people? Stop acting like this." Natalia clenched her fist and shoved (Y/N) against the wooden door and she felt the familiar sting of something cutting into her skin. (Y/N) stared in slight fear at Natalia's figure looming over her and the unbridled anger present within the gaze she directed upon her "Leave me alone." (Y/N) staggered to her feet and glanced one last time at Natalia before leaving the woman to pursue Ivan once again.

Different voices mingled with one another as Natalia sat in her chair awaiting the arrival of (Y/N). She frowned at the feeling of guilt that arose at the thought of her friend. She regretted her actions and felt the need to apologize for her behaviour. (Y/N) entered the room and Natalia immediately made her way over there. (Y/N) moved back in surprise and placed a protective hand over her injured arm. Natalia took quick note of (Y/N)'s trembling, guilt washing over her once again "I'm sorry." "Huh?" "I apologize for what I did" she glanced at the arm wrapped in bandages before returning to meet (Y/N)'s eyes "Can we be friends again?" 

(Y/N) clenched her arm and examined her expression. "Okay" she replied softly, "But it's over if it goes back to normal." Natalia nodded and (Y/N) joined her at the table. When the meeting had ended, they decided to get dinner together and a sense of normalcy returned to their friendship. Natalia took the initiative to plan further activities for the two to partake in and treated (Y/N) to anything she wanted. (Y/N) chatted about her day with a bright smile as they waited for their food. Natalia watched her carefully and smiled slightly at the sight. An unfamiliar feeling of fondness became present within her chest and she silently vowed to treat (Y/N) properly from now on, her infatuation with Ivan gone as she watched (Y/N).

Notes: 

Requested By: donnierose030

Prompt: No specific word given, but basically starting anew 

I hope this met your expectations.

Norway will still be updated on Friday