Japan x Reader

Japan (Kiku Honda/Honda Kiku) x Reader

The art class started in five minutes and (Y/N) found herself seated at the back of the classroom by herself. She stared at the blank canvas placed before her and sighed. She had told herself she would make friends, but it seemed as if she had been doomed for failure. The sound of a chair being moved brought her out of her thoughts and she glanced at the person seated next to her. The male sported raven black hair which appeared symmetrical and perfectly styled to fit his face. 

His brown eyes bore into the blank canvas placed before him and (Y/N) blinked at his serious expression. She internally sighed once again. It appeared her seat partner bore no interest in making a new friend. The class started and (Y/N) absentmindedly painted on the once blank canvas. She glanced over at the male who appeared to be staring at her canvas. She smiled softly and he smiled in return. He turned back to his canvas. She glanced at his painting and gasped in surprise.

She shifted in her seat to get a better look at the painting. "That's beautiful" she commented and the male turned to her in surprise. A shy smile formed on his face and he bowed, to the best of his ability, in his chair "Thank you." He looked at her canvas once again and she felt nervous. He tilted his head with a fond expression on his face "I think your painting is beautiful as well." She studied his expression with a faint blush. She turned away from him and shyly thanked him for his compliment. Silence loomed over the pair once again, but the awkwardness had long disappeared. 

She turned to him once again after swallowing all of her nerves "I'm (Y/N). I apologize for not introducing myself earlier." His eyes widened slightly in realization "I apologize as well. My name is Kiku Honda." She smiled and shook his hand. He looked over at her painting once again. The fond look returned "Why did you decide to paint that?" She looked at her canvas and a small smile formed on her face. The canvas depicted the scenery of Mount Fuji. She fiddled with her fingers "I've always wanted to go there. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful and it's one of the things on my bucket list." She looked over at him to watch his reaction.

He remained still in his seat. A small smile remained on his face as he gazed at the painting "It is beautiful. You've captured the sight perfectly." She blinked at the compliment. She ignored the blush forming on her face "Thank you." She paused "Do you have an emotional attachment to it? It's just that you've been looking at it for a long time." He blinked out of his daze and attempted to will the blush away from his face "Yes." She patiently waited for him to continue. He placed his brushes down "I used to visit Mt. Fuji all the time as a child before I moved away. It's become a place of fond nostalgic memories." 

(Y/N) observed him quietly before asking "Why did you move? If you don't mind me asking." He looked up "I'm here to stay with my friend for a while. His name is Alfred F. Jones." He paused "Do you live here?" She shook her head "No. I'm here to study for university. After I'm done school, I'm returning home." He blinked in surprise. She chuckled at his reaction "I know. Most people stay after school, but I'd miss my home country too much." He sent her an understanding smile.

He returned to finish his painting and she observed her own painting. She fixed a few spots and turned in the painting at the end of the class. She turned to look at Kiku and sent him a soft smile "It was nice to meet you. Hopefully, I'll see you, next class." He nodded "It was nice to meet you too." She glanced at the floor shyly "Do you think we could exchange numbers?" She looked up at him expectantly and he nodded. The two quickly exchanged numbers and (Y/N) left the class with a small smile on her face.

She stared up at Mt. Fuji in wonder. The scenery laid out before her left her breathless. She squeezed the hand of her lover "This is wonderful." She looked to her right and smiled at Kiku's red face. She chuckled and released his hand "I forgot how you get with contact Kiku. I'm sorry." She turned back to look at the mountain. She blinked in surprise when someone squeezed her hand. She looked at Kiku and noticed his forming blush. She smiled at the sight. 

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. 

The next one is Austria.