41

"Maddy." Michael said as he walked into the kitchen. We were going to the beach today and surprisingly I was the first one ready.

"Yes dear brother." I said and looked up from my bowl of fruit that was in front of me on the counter.

"Aaron told me something." He said and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Alright?" I said and put the fruit back in the fridge.

"He told me Calum was surprisingly very mad when he was talking to you the other day. Do you happen to know anything about that?" He said and raised an eyebrow at me.

"First of all let me tell you what happened so you don't start making things up in your head." I said and put my hands on top of the counter. He wouldn't be making things up per say but there's no way I'd be telling him this now.

"Calum got pissed when Aaron kept pushing me to go out with him after I had already said no to both you and him." I said seriously.

"Why would he get pissed though?" He asked and took a couple steps closer to me.

"Because he's my best friend and honestly your friend was acting like a cocky douchebag so I don't blame him." I said and fixed my sunglasses that were on top of my head.

"He told me you looked like you were more than friends." He said with a suspicious tone.

"Well we aren't. He doesn't know what he's talking about." I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

"So you're just friends?" He said and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes." I said.

  I didn't like lying to my brother, I've never lied to him about something as big as this before. And it made me feel even worse that he actually believed me. I wanted to tell him but I couldn't today. If I told him today then our plans would basically be ruined because he'd be too mad to want to do anything. Especially with us. So obviously we'd have to tell him soon because he was getting suspicious.

"Okay." He said and gave me an unconvinced look but didn't say anything else on the topic.

"Is everyone else almost ready?" I asked and walked towards the living room.

"Yea." He said and got the keys to the car we usually drive when we're together.

"Let's get this train moving." Ashton said as everyone else came down the stairs.

"You're driving." Michael said and tossed him the keys.

"What why do I have to?" He asked as we all walked out of the house.

"Because the past two times we went out me and Luke drove so now it's your turn." He said.

"I'll drive." Calum said with a sigh so Ashton wouldn't complain.

"This is why everyone loves you Calum." Ashton said and patted his back as he gave him the keys.

"Yea I know I'm awesome." He said and we all got in the car. Calum and Luke were in the front, me, Sierra, and Crystal were in the middle, and Ashton, Michael, and KayKay were in the back.

It was a long car ride to the beach, and not because it actually took long. We only had like a 15 or 20 minute drive there, but the boys were bantering about some music stuff that I didn't understand. Me and the girls pretty much ignored it and spent the car ride texting in our group chat about random stuff. We would be having an actual conversation but every time we tried to talk one of the boys would talk over us so we just gave up.