40 (finale)

"Duckheart?
Duckheart get up.
I said, get up!"
Duckheart slowly opened her eyes, that were shut from the tears and blood. She no longer heared the mews of battle, or could scent any injuries and wondered where she was.
She didnt where she was but all she knew was that everything looked black.
Am i blind? Did he claw my eyes out?
The thought terrified the skyclan medicine cat. She stumbled to get to her paws when a bright light appeared in front of her.
Spotwave?

"Duckheart, you are dead" her brother's voice echoed in the empty space

Duckheart's eyes widened at the sudden news "H-how? I-what? This this isnt starclan! Where am i?"
"Shhhhh... dont worry, this isnt your destiny. You must do much more, you will stop stormstar!"
"How? Im dead..." duckheart's voice faltered. There was nothing she could do here...

"We have never tried this before but with the power of starclan we can bring you back to life, just be aware that this may be painful, like a leader getting their nine lives. Also you will be put back where you died."
Duckheart nodded, "then do it" she said, rubbing her tears away with her paw.

suddenly a tide of pain flew through her body, first through her legs then up to her head. she felt as if a strong wind was pulling her away and that she couldn't fight back. finaly the pain stopped.

"-Uty and medicine cat are dead! Step down now or else!" Stormstar's loud booming voice sounded across the camp. Antlerpine is dead?
Duckheart felt as if all her wounds closed but her fur was still covered in warm blood. Stormstar was towering in front of her. She caught a glimps of antlerpine, slightly breathing and rainkit, dotkit and orangekit pulling him away.

Duckheart didnt know many fighting skills but the ones she did know would have to do

Duckheart didnt know many fighting skills but the ones she did know would have to do. Many skyclan cats were injured and she was their only hope.

Inhale...

Exhale...

Inhale...

Exhale...
You can do this...

...

Stormstar had finally done it, he had gained the fear of his clan and undenying loyalty fear is the key

As he taunted the skyclan cats he heard a gasp from the edge of the crowd, the sound came from A white kit with brown spots who was staring behind him. A weight landed on him forcing him down to the ground.
Duckheart? But, how?

The sand coloured cat was above him which baffled the tom. Shaking his head, he thrust his sister to the side, scrambling up and slashing at her back. The weak she-cat let out an ear piercing shriek but gained back her confidence and slashed back at him, catching stormstar off guard and making him gain a scar on his belly. With a grunt of surprise stormstar stumbled backwards giving his opponent an opening to attacks.

Duckheart missed the shot leaving, stormstar to rake at her, eventually pushing her over and pinning her down.

The she-cat struggled under him but suddenly he felt something tugging at his hind paws. A yellow paw untangled itself from the falling stormclan leader and darted a step back. He felt pain searing at his eyes as duckheart sent a flurry of paws at his face, stormstar was surprised at the strength the medicine cat had. At that painful moment stormstar felt like giving up. He was in the position where he could easily have been killed

...

Duckheart was above stormstar who looked like he was willing to give up. She knew she should react fast or this cat could come loose, he could destroy her clan, he could destroy all the clans!
Although the opportunity to save the clans was right under her paws she couldn't help thinking back to the day spotwave died
"You monster!" Duckheart shrieked "how could you kill you own brother?"
"I had to get him out of the way" stormstar growled
"How could you be so heartless? He is your brother for starclan's sake! No cat could ever be like you!" Duckheart hissed aggressively.
"I have no regrets, duckheart. Now be quiet about this, tell no one, or ill have you killed!"
"At least i would have told them, then they could exile you!"
"They wont listen to you, you are still basically an apprentice. You are too immature and young to them, they wont listen to you so don't tell them or ill kill every one of them, one by one."

If i kill stormstar, then im a monster!Ill be just as bad as him! I cant do this!Duckheart started panting and a tear dripped down her eye

Ill be just as bad as him! I cant do this!
Duckheart started panting and a tear dripped down her eye. She couldn't kill stormstar, the thought of being just as bad as him stung.
No, im doing this for the clans. This is for the best, i just have to get this over with...
Duckheart backed away from her dying brother. He gurgled, trying to heave in a breath of air but none came to him. Duckheart. The skyclan medicine cat backed away from stormstar and stumbled into the black and white rogue that had come with stormstar. "Stormstar is dead! Retreat!" She yelled.

Her clanmates all cheered as stormstar stopped moving, the threat was finally gone but duckheart felt bad, she had killed her brother. She walked into antlerpine's nest in the medicine cat den, the kits had patched him up well and he was sitting up.
"You did it!" He said gleefully, but there was some sadness in his eyes. They curled up with each other as they used to do when they were kits and they slept through the rest of the night.

WE MADE IT TO THE END OF THE BOOK! Im so glad you decided to read to the end and have been patient with me when i had my writer's block (i had to make the chapters as good as possible and its so hard) i hope you liked the 4 illustrations and the 2 perspectives in one chapter. This was so fun writing and its my favourite book. I will not be doing an alternative ending chapter like i did with 'shadows in the light' but i would like to hear what endings you would have preferred. I will be doing an epilogue and then a gallery chapter so its not all over yet. That you for reading this book and merry Christmas!
~candy8448