11 (duckpaw)

Duckpaw walked into camp to see a body on the floor. It was squintsprout! She saw stormpaw think and then settle back on his stone face. This made duckpaw frown, what is he thinking about?
More cats gathered around the medicine cat. Ashstar climbed onto the
Hightstone and called for the clan to gather even though everyone were already in the clearing.
"As you can see, squintsprout is dead. I know you all want answers but i must speak to stormpaw who was accompanying him some questions."
The clan mummbled a bit
"Since squintsprout does not have an apprentice we shall get one of our apprentices to be the medicine cat, if they step out."

Spotpaw glanced at duckpaw quickly with a sad glint in his eye
He knows i will want to be the new medicine cat but wants me to train with him as warrior.
"Sorry spotpaw, you know it was one of the things i wanted to do and now we need a medicine cat" she whispered
Spotpaw nodded reluctantly and then duckpaw stood up. The skyclan cats all looked back at her.

"Ahh, duckpaw. I expected you would step up. I know you have knowladge of some of the herbs but we shall be inviting one of the other clans medicine cats to help train you."
The cats around her started chanting her name, all exept for stormpaw. Fernleap and their father shadepool both went up to her and they licked her on the head, telling her how proud they were.