All the hallways were the same, and it smelt sterile all the way round. People wore the same scrubs, but in different colours, and they seemed to have a lot of respect for Michael.

"Dr Boyles, are you watching the surgery?"

"I am indeed,"

"I'm in charge of Isabelle, she's Dr Blaisdell's sister, and wants to watch too. I need you to take care of her,"

"Of course!"

"Great," he said, clipping his name tag on my jumper, "If it gets too much then take her back to Dr Irwin's office,"

"This is gonna be so cool. I'm Lewis by the way,"

"Hi,"

"So you're Kaykay's sister? I'm not really into paeds, but I am into all the work Ashton does. I like being on his service,"

"Cool," I said, leaning forward when I saw Michael scrub in, "I wanna do this,"

"You need a steady hand,"

I looked down at my usually steady hands, watching them shake ever so slightly. Squeezing them, I sighed and bit my lip, watching the first incision.

"They were steady before cancer,"

"I'm sorry," he frowned, "Still recovering?"

"Not even started treatment,"

"You've got Irwin, you'll be great. If I'm on his service I'll come and say hi,"

"Sh," I said, "Look at that,"

Chuckling quietly, he turned his attention to the surgery with me, and we both watched intently. Michael moved fluently, and calmly, and it was so captivating to watch.

I'd never been this close to the action before and I wished I could just jump right in.

Some people came in and out, giving me funny looks until they saw Michael's name tag, but Lewis stayed with me.

"Did he get it?"

"Hell yeah he did," he laughed, "He gets it every time,"

"Dr Boyles, what an Earth are you doing sat with a kid in the gallery?"

"She belongs to Michael, Dr Hood,"

"Dr Clifford doesn't have a kid- Isabelle?"

"Who are you?"

"Calum," he said, sitting beside me, "Where is your sister?"

"Surgery,"

"Hm. Is this not a bit gory for early in the morning?"

"No. I wanna be closer,"

"Oh right. Have you eaten yet?"

"Not hungry,"

"Come to the canteen with me,"

"No, I'm watching them,"

"Not on an empty stomach,"

"Stranger danger," I pouted, "Now sh,"

He raised his eyebrows and Lewis scoffed, but they both let me get my way.

"Look at him,"

"I am looking,"

"It's so cool,"

"Who knew Isabelle Blaisdell would be a surgery geek too,"

I put my finger to his mouth and continued to watch, jumping as the monitors began to beep. A couple of people began to rush, but Michael calmed them down and the stabilised the patient.