three

listen to young by vacations

delany:

it was friday finally. not really my favorite day, but the hogsmeade weekend was finally here. i had the worst classes today.

first potions with the slytherins and then some divination with the hufflepuffs, defence against the dark arts again with the hufflepuffs and lastly charms with the gryffindors.

i was not particularly excited for potions. why should i be? i was going to be in malfoy's vicinity again.

i roll my eyes at the thought and grab my ribbon and pull my hair to the back of my head, bundling it messily into a bun. luna appears next to me and smiles tightly, nodding towards me.

"you look tired.", she states and i sigh. i had dark circles under my eyes and i wouldn't be surprised if greg had them, too. we spent hours working on his homework last night.

"long night and bad dreams.", i reply to luna and she picks up her brush from the cupboard, pulling a part of her hair over her shoulder.

"bad dream? what about?", she asks and i lick my lips, putting hands on the sink, leaning onto it and looking at her reflection in the mirror whilst she brushed her long hair.

"just silly things.", i mumble and she looks at her hair tips. "might be nargles.", she mutters and i laugh, leaving her in the bathroom alone.

greg is sitting in one of the velvet couches when i enter the common room and his eyes meet mine. he didn't look as tired as i did. he gets up and rushes towards me.

he looks very happy, if i'm honest. his skin is glimmering a health tan shade and his black hair is slightly wet.

"thank you, so, so much for last night.", he stammers and i smile, shaking my head. "of course.", i simply say and walk past him, leaving ravenclaw tower without another word.

my book bag is swinging against me as i run towards the hufflepuff house. i had promised to meet up with cedric before classes.

i run down the stairs, watching my feet step quietly on the stone. i count the steps i take. voices echo through the stairway and i look up, seeing a group of slytherins.

a part of my robe catches under my feet and i loose my footing, falling down the steps, headfirst. my book bag falls off of my shoulder and my shoulder connects with the stone, pain racing through my body.

"shit!", i screech and finally end up on the last step on my stomach, my robe fanning all around me, my skirt pushed up. i try to catch my breath and get up as fast as possible, tugging my skirt down.

maybe i should just be wearing pants from now on. too many people have seen my arse now, some of them who i despise.

"you alright?", a husky voice asks and i look around me frantically, brushing madly. i finally see him, a tall boy with curly blonde hair framing his angular face.

his hand stretches out in front of him and i realize he's holding my book bag. i nod and take the book bag, smiling tightly. "thank you.", i mumble and feel heat rising to my cheeks.

i look back at his face daringly and lick my lips. "i've never seen you around.", i state and he clears his throat, biting his lip. "yeah, i just transferred.", he explains and i nod.

"from where?", i ask him and he breathes in deeply. "from revends school for boys.", he tells me and i frown. "never heard of it. is it a wizarding school?"

he blushes and looks down at his feet. "no. it's a muggle school.", he admits and i nod slowly. he looks back up to me but i can tell he's scared and intimidated, although he was towering over me.

"well, why the transfer?", i question and he clicks his tongue. i see he has blue robes on. i freeze and reach a hand out, grabbing his cloak. "ravenclaw?", i whisper to myself and he shudders.

"i just got sorted.", he tells me and i take in a breath. "well, welcome to the house, i guess.", i lock eyes with him and am entranced.

they are a piercing light green, a dark circle around the iris. he smiles and dimples appear on either side of his face. "thank you.", he says and i can see a trio of slytherins leaving their house.

"shit.", i curse under my breath and the newbie turns around to see what caught my attention.

of course it had to be draco and his goons.

i try to hide my face behind my hair and tug at the newbies cloak again, turning him back to me. he looks confused, but i don't have any time to explain to him.

i pull his head down to level with mine, pushing us against the railing, my back pressed against it. his breathing hitches and i press my lips onto his to have him shut up.

draco, crabbe and goyle walk past us, heading towards the potions classroom. i can hear goyle snigger and shut my eyes, tilting my head so they cannot recognize me.

the newbie is almost frozen in shock so i take his hand and place it on my waist stealthily. his lips aren't moving against mine so it looks like i'm completely sucking the life out of him.

they are finally out of sight and i push the newbie away from me, wiping my lips with the back of my hand, gasping for air, as is he.

"wow.", he whispers and i gulp, looking up. he is flushing red and i giggle, leaning against the wall. "sorry about that. just my, uhm, mortal enemy was passing.", i admit and he laughs.

"okay. okay.", he repeats and runs a hand through his messy hair. i nod and sigh out, looking away from him until he stretches his hand out to me.

"i'm wren pleasance.", he says and i shake his hand formally, smiling at him. "delany aster. and sorry about that, again.", i reply and he smirks at me.

"well, cant complain, can i? if that's the standard welcome they give here then i'm excited for the rest.", he jokes and i blush, putting my hand onto my burning cheek.

"see you around, delany aster.", he whispers and steps up the stairs, disappearing out of my sight. i gulp and hold my breath, slapping my head.

i'm so stupid, god! so childish!

the bell rings and i stumble down the last steps, running towards potions.

-

hey everyone!!
how are y'all doing?
xx,cece