twenty-five

listen to paris by else

draco:

adrian pucey is almost sleeping whilst standing. his broom is barely being held in his clasped hand but this is not just him. everyone, both slytherin and hufflepuff teammates, are standing on the ground still, waiting for someone.

cedric diggory still hadn't shown up and it was very unlike him. he is not normally known for missing anything or being late, everybody knew that.

the time kept on passing and he never showed up. madam hooch was getting quite irritated, as was everybody else. but her cheeks were slowly turning bright red and a scowl was growing on her face.

"we don't have time for fuss like this!", she exclaims and i look at pucey, who's jumped up at her sudden shout. he's rolling his shoulders back, reaching one hand behind his head to scratch.

"i really don't have a clue where he could be.", he sighs and i scoff, tossing my nimbus 2001 onto the ground. everyone turns to look at me and i scoff, putting my hands on my hips.

"well, do i have to organize this search party first or can we just go and look for him?", i remark and that seems to get everyone moving. in groups or individually everyone starts leaving the pitch to go look for diggory.

"i'll catch up with you, adrian, i should find his best friend. maybe she might have an idea where she is.", i tell him on the side as i pass him, making my way to the stands.

he smirks at me, his white teeth shining. "you know, malfoy, this is not really an appropriate time to seduce her?", he jokes and i jab him in the ribs, making him wince between laughs.

"why should i seduce her, pucey?", i interject and he chuckles, putting a hand on my shoulder. "i never knew you had a soft spot for ravenclaws, malfoy, very cute.", is all he says, ignoring my question completely.

he walks past me and i ball my hands into fists, trying to figure out what this meant. how could adrian possibly know about my feelings towards delany? i hadn't told anyone and she had only told her hufflepuff.

unless...

my heart stops and i frown, looking up at the stands scanning them evidently. he stands there, a green scarf wrapped up tidily around his neck. his dark skin shimmered in the sunlight and he was looking down at the pitch with a blank stare.

blaise zabini. he had to know. was he spreading rumors about me in our own house? he knew what consequences that would mean. i could throw a vital punch, one strong enough to break more than just his nose.

but there was no time to question such antics. i had to find delany and ask her for help.

i chuckle at the thought. i never thought i would be asking delany to help me. it was odd, seemingly because i wanted her to be on her knees for me and not the other way around.

i walk into the center of the pitch, eyeing at every face in the sections where there was a speck of dark blue shimmering in the sunlight. but her face was not there.

it was hard to believe, since she was a fan of quidditch after all and would not miss out on a match where her best friend were competing. or would she be here to cheer on me?

i scoff and turn around sharply, running out of the field and heading towards the castle. where could she be? this was not like her.

"delany!", i shout as soon as i enter the main corridor, my throat scratching at the sudden raise of voice. the echo bounced along the walls of the castle but i wasn't acknowledged with reply.

my head felt fuzzy and weary. i couldn't pinpoint it but something felt very off about the situation. it made me feel uneasy.

how could it be that both diggory and his best friend were missing? it was not adding up in my mind, especially since they both were rather model students, never wanting to be late or missing from their classes.