Gajeel Redfox ◆ Fight Me

Fight Me
Gajeel X Badass Reader (Fem!)

Details:

(m/t) Magic Type >>> ____ Dragon Slayer

Without hesitation I bursted through the Fairy Tail guild doors. Because of my sudden appearance, members inside had turned their heads around. But I didn't mind, I was only looking for one person's attention.

I marched through the guild and towards a single table with a certain mage sitting there munching on some iron. My hand slammed the table and I grabbed his attention.

"Huh? Who the hell are you?"

I grinned, exposing my sharp canines, "Fight me, Gajeel."

In my peripheral vision, I noticed a couple guildies overheard me and flicked their heads to stare. Some whispered, calling me crazy. Others were interested in how it'd play out.

But in the dragon slayer's eyes, there was no excitement, "Not interested," and continued to munch on his screws.

I figured he'd give that sort of response. So, I sat across from him, crossed my arms over each other and leaned a bit forward, just so he could hear.

"Would you if you learned I'm a Dragon Slayer?"

He paused and his steely eyes met mine. It was those two words that caught his attention.

I leaned back, stretching my arms behind my head, "But, you'll only find out if we battle."

"Fine," he said flatly, as he stood up and begin walking out the guild doors.

Then I followed at his tail, almost feeling the battle adrenaline coursing through my system.

He led me to a courtyard, which was quite a distance away from Magnolia's citizens. The fight was kept between the two of us, so no other guild members had followed along.

We posed ourselves on the opposite sides of the yard, preparing for the first move.

"Ready?" I asked, adjusting my feet.

He nodded, "Let's go."

"By the way, my name's (y/n)."

Then within moments my feet pushed off the ground and dashed to Gajeel's side. I curled in a punch before releasing it to strike his arm, but it was blocked. My eyes widened at the sight of his skin turning into steel.

"Gi hi," He smirked, "Iron Dragon's Scales."

I jumped back, impressed with his reaction, but didn't have enough time to speak because his iron arm had extended into a pole. He swung it at me, aiming for my stomach. So I jumped in the air and breathed in.

"(m/t) Dragon's Roar!"

Then I released a huge gust of my Dragon Breath down on the mage. But I knew that wouldn't be enough to win.

When my feet met the ground again, I instantly jumped to the left. And sure enough a long iron pole had struck right where I was standing. I let out a long whistle at the sight of the destruction it left embedded in the floor.

By that point in time, the dust had settled back down from my attack and I saw Gajeel standing there mostly unscathed.

I smirked, 'Of course that'll happen. What did you expect, (y/n)?'

"Not bad," I complimented the iron dragon.

He grinned devilishly, "Same goes for you."

Then he bolted forward in half a second, barely giving me time to raise my arms to counter his muscular body crashing into mine. I managed to block part of the impact and returned the favor with a fist in his side.

He slid to one side and I slid to the other, panting from the collision. I clutched my dominant arm in pain. He got me good, right at the joint to dislocate them. I popped it back in place, while biting my lip to help distract my brain from the pain.

Then I was ready to go again.

"(m/t) Dragon's Claw!" I shouted, pouncing on Gajeel.

My attack made several scratches on him, but they were all minor abrasions due to his iron skin. He then gripped my arm with his strong hands, latching me to my spot.

'Shit!' I couldn't release my arm.

His heels turned as he powered up his iron fist. Strategies ran through my mind as I watched his attack come at me in slow motion.

At the last second, I dropped my body, completely collapsing it to the ground. My sudden fall momentarily surprised my opponent, so I took that to my advantage with the little time I had. As I fell I twisted my body in order to use my legs to kick. Then in one movement I shot my feet at the back of his knees.

They connected and his legs buckled from the force. I followed that attack with another twist of my arm, freeing it from his strong grasp. But before I could distance myself from him, he grabbed my left leg with his other hand and tossed me to a tree.

"Oomph."

The wind was knocked out of me and a wave of dizziness washed through my head. I placed one hand to my temple and the other on the ground to keep myself steady.

"You win."

"?"

I looked up at Gajeel and repeated, "You win. There's too much of a gap in power and experience."

He didn't reply on the spot, but first walked over to pick me up by the underarm, "Alright, but that doesn't mean you can run away the next time."

I smirked, "Of course not. Better watch yourself Dragon Slayer."

With that I stuffed one hand in a pocket and the other casually waved as I walked away. I didn't look back. I didn't want to. The battle was enough.

A/n: Yay! Another one done! Super sorry for the short battle TT-TT I wanted it longer too, but I couldn't think of much without creating my own dragon slayer.. Would it be more interesting if I just provide the magic type for the mage? Or leave it blank for imagination?

I'm so slow at writing...

Leave a comment on what I should do next and don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it! ^-^