Chapter 2: Ready

"Amberno-chan!"Angel screamed in my ear. I almost flailed off the couch. Angel laughed like she always does, and a tired smile also appeared on my face.

"Really?"I whispered, slowly standing up. My hair was a mess and my clothes were wrinkly.

"It's eleven!"she yelled back.

"Holy crap! You should be in school!" I ran for the kitchen, grabbing a snack bag and blindly stuffing an apple into it.

"Uh... It's summer vacation..."

I slumped over into a chair. Most people said to me that I had blonde problems, and they were definitely showing now. Angel skipped past me, grabbing a protein bar. She hopped up the stairs and into the bathroom.

I turned on the tv. It has been set on Good Morning America. There was nothing much, just that bad storms were coming for Florida's booty. I dreamily stared at Dan Harris. He may have been about 40, but then again my mom dreams about her and Chris Hemsworth.

C'mon! He's almost 70!

I walked upstairs to the extra bedroom that was once mine. The walls had been painted a dark blue, with paintings from modern artists. Most were colorful works of graffiti. I smiled. Emma had left it how I wanted.

"You gonna get ready?"Emma asked from behind me.

"Maybe,"I commented.

"No. You are. Get in the shower and afterwards I'm doing your hair."

---

Emma rugged on my hair as she did her signature hair band braid. I kept my cool, talking to her about the party. She even picked a dark blue dress out for me. I liked it, but the fact that she was controlling me was making me sigh.

"I think you'll be beautiful,"Emma said as she tied up my silky ponytail.

"Really? Are you sure?"

"I'm really sure. Pinkie promise. But your probably not going to pick up a date. There's only one guy that I've met yet."

I laughed."Well thanks."

"His name is Ethan."

It was a major stab the the stomach. My stomach immediately twisted into a knot, and I began to feel hot. Emma pulled back, letting go of my hair. I stood up, starting to walk away. I can't make friends with that guy then... I thought, tears clogging up my eyes.

"Amber! It isn't Ethan! It's Hack."

I stopped on the stairs, but my tears covered my face. Embarrassment was crawling up my throat. I turned away and sprinted to my room.

"Amber! I know your brother died and I know you're sad!"

My heart was beating inside my forehead. She pounded on the door. I sighed, trying to calm myself down. The voices in my head were trying to cheer me up by just screaming my name. I slowly put on the short dress and some silver heels.

I opened the door."Fine."

Emma hugged me."I know you're sad. And inside you're dying. But you gotta stay strong. I'm counting on you."

I hugged back, but I was interrupted by a knock on the front door.

---

Author's Note: I may need a few more guy characters?