Chapter 15: Date

I smiled lightly."I'm not a princess."

"You are to me."

I blushed deeply as he opened the door of his sports car. Slowly, I slid in and he closed the door. Trey slid into the driver's seat and whirred the engine. I looked out the side window. Trey placed his hand on my shoulder as he backed up into the street.

"Owowowow, that's my swimmer's shoulder. Inflated shoulder! Inflated shoulder!" I brushed his hand from my tender shoulder. We both blushed, embarrassed.

"Sorry, kid."

"It's okay."

We drove down the river front, looking at the beautiful summer lights hung in the trees. They twinkled against the clear sky. I stared up at the stars and the moon, illuminating the skies. Trey looked over at each stoplight before he stopped at the pier.

"We're here."

He stepped out and opened the door. There was a yacht parked there, swaying slowly in the waves. There was a table set for two on the deck, and lights were strung around. A jazz band was on a stage off to the side. I gasped slightly.

"You said this wasn't a big date!"

"Well, I lied."

A waiter started strutting over, dressed like he worked at Olive Garden. His posture was perfect and his eyes were full of pride. He held two large menus in his hands, the waiter placed them on the table in front of us.

"Welcome to Floating Boat, the most luxurious of the most exclusive date sights in Boston. My name is Chris, and I will be serving you today." He looked at both of us, staring at me for a moment to long. Under all those layers, I could see that it was actually Crystal. Some people are just too sneaky but not too hard to miss.

Chris (or Crystal, I don't know) walked back down to the lower decks, leaving Trey, the band, and I to sit in soft silence. Trey looked over at me, and for a moment I felt weightless. My muscles went limp.

"What do you think you're going to get?"he asked.

I opened the menu, searching through the long lists of Italian and Greek delicacies. One caught my eye though. Ambrosia, the food of the Greek gods. It was a mix of cheese, an assortment of fruits, and topped with whipped cream and cherries.

"Uh, Ambrosia."

"I'll get the same then."

Slowly, the band started to play a slow song. Amidst the five people playing, I could hear an ocarina. It signaled me to dance, but Trey was already up. He held his hand to me.

"May I have this dance?"

I laughed as I took his hand, and he twirled me around. I rested my hand on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist. As we danced, I felt like I was flying. Butterflies formed in my stomach. I looked away, blushing.

"You don't have to be afraid of me!"Trey laughed.

I narrowed my eyes, looking down. Maybe I do.

He tilted my head up. We side-stepped around in perfect unison. Slowly but surely, the song came to an end. We were engulfed in silence once again.

The waiter came out. As soon as he took one step, Trey called out,"Two ambrosias, with two waters and a side of breadsticks!" Chris turned on his heel and walked right back down.

"Quick talker,"I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

But this was only the beginning.