009

★☆

★☆

"This sucks." Taehyung pouted, walking with his arms crossed alongside Jungkook who felt similar. "All of this sucks." Up ahead, walking many feet away was Yoongi escorting them down a long corridor. He didn't bother to say a word to the group as they walked, the only sound coming from their feet and Taehyung's constant whining. "This sucks so many Earth dicks."

"What the fuck?" Hoseok questioned. "Where did you even learn that phrase?"

Taehyung turned to look at the communicationist. "There's plenty of phrases like that on Athon. I heard the kids running around my farm saying these things."

Hoseok put a hand to his shoulder. "Maybe you shouldn't keep saying them." They continued to walk until finally Yoongi stopped and turned to them. He pointed to the two rooms across from each other.

"You can stay here. Don't touch anything. If a single gem is out of place I will not hesitate to kill you all." He pushed through the group and began his way back down the corridor, but before he left he looked over his shoulder. "Seokjin may not care about your being here but I do. So you should get the fuck out of here as soon as possible." With that, he lifted his hand and disappeared into the walls of the cave.

Hoseok huffed. "How could anyone find someone like that attractive?" Taehyung giggled.

"Love has a weird way of binding you to those who... are different from yourself," Namjoon explained. He started his way to the right side room, to which Jungkook followed, meaning Hoseok and Taehyung took the left side. Inside the rooms were plenty of paintings and fine gems and jewels, candles lit around showing the beautiful carvings against the walls. The ones nearest to the door showed some time of ritual being performed. Jungkook walked along the wall to finish the little story, even if he couldn't understand what it was telling.

"Jungkook." The young man turned around to see Namjoon sitting on the bed. "You should get some rest. Aren't you tired?"

Jungkook shook his head. "Go ahead. I'll stay up a bit more." Namjoon's face looked concerned but he nodded, lying down on the bed in the middle of the room. Jungkook took this opportunity to leave the room and go back to the entrance like Seokjin suggested.

It took a while from where their rooms were, but soon he made it out to the main area and looked around at the carvings on the wall. It was a mix of happy memories and horrific ones. The farther he went the more gruesome they became. Faerie warriors with their wings ripped from their backs, stacks of bodies piling up, blood shed across what felt like eons. He knew Faerie wasn't always neutral, but he could only imagine the sort of pain they felt during those times. What was the breaking point, he wondered.

"What are you doing out here?" Jungkook turned to see Seokjin walking towards him. A soft smile grazed his face, his two toned eyes looking softly upon him. "Nights are long here, you know. Shouldn't you be resting?"