005

★☆

★☆

The moment they stepped foot onto the new planet, Jungkook felt his throat attempt to close up. The air was most certainly breathable—Hoseok triple checked—but the planet was still a desert, so the sand crept its way into their airways as they landed. It was very uncomfortable for him; Namjoon noticed this and slipped him a small purple capsule with a smile.

"This'll help open your airways a bit more if you need it." Jungkook took the pill and thanked his captain before popping it into his mouth. Just then, a group of Athon people came up to them and asked if they needed any help, explaining a few things about the planet and how they will do anything they ask. While the other two spoke amongst the Athon, Jungkook found himself wandering off. Ever since they landed he felt like they were being watched. In order to ease his mind he went for a look, finding nothing at first. On his return to the ship, he turned his head to the side, catching gazes with an Athon native hidden in the bushes.

He flinched at first, ducking out of Jungkook's sight. The astronaut instantly softened his approach. "It's okay," he soothed. "I was just passing through. Forgive me for startling you." He kept his voice low and inviting, as not to scare the other once more.

The Athon peeled around the bush and met eyes with the adventurer. He appeared to contemplate something before standing up fully and walking towards him. "Did you come on that Starforce ship?" he asked. Jungkook nodded. "How many of you are there?" His voice was frightened to say the least, but the curiosity on the tip of his tongue pushed him into speaking with Jungkook.

"Oh. There's just three of us. We've come to search for someone. This is his home planet so we figured we could get some information." The sentence seemed to cause the Athon a wave of emotions. Disappointment, fear, sadness, elation... all within the span of thirty seconds. A trait that doesn't ever seem to be spoken about of this race is how quickly their emotions change, and how easily it is to read them if you pay attention. That's probably why they try their hardest to stay helpful and nice to others, so that their emotions don't get them in trouble. To the wandering eye, it wouldn't actually be as noticeable, but Jungkook has a sharp eye so he picked up on everything around him. The way the Athon just stood there staring at the ground and holding his arm, rocking back and forth. Jungkook knew he knew something.

"I apologize for keeping you," the Athon exclaimed, turning around. "I'll leave you be."

"Wait a second." The Athon flinched once more as he turned back, and Jungkook offered a warm smile. "Can I ask your name?"

"... It's Taehyung." 

"Can I ask what you do?"

The Athon, now known as Taehyung, looked coldly at Jungkook. It seemed more like he didn't want to tell him anything more, but knew if he didn't say something the adventurer wouldn't be satisfied. So with a quick blank expression washing over his face, Taehyung responded, "I'm just a farmer. Athon is a stowaway planet and a pit stop for when military ships come in for crops on their way. That's all I do."