Chapter 2.

Dani's POV

After Lauren told me that she wasn't feeling well, I quickly ran out of the room to go tell mom. We were gonna film our new cover today, but I guess that we'll have to cancel the shoot, again. We were originally supposed to film it last week, but both Lisa and I were sick. Now that I think about it, I guess we're the ones that have contaminated my older sister. I went into the kitchen and found my mother trying to break up  a fight between my two youngest brothers, Nick and Joey.

"Hey mom, need help?" I asked, politely. I'm gonna admit it, I was secretely hoping that she would say no. Wait... if I didn't ask, she wouldn't have to tell me to help her or anything. Oh gosh... I'm so dumb...

"Hey Dani. It's okay, I don't need any help" she answered, smiling brightly at me as she finally got the boys to stop arguing.

"Why were they fighting?" I asked, curious.

"Oh, because Joey took the last toaster strudel and Nick wanted it" she simply answered.

"Oh... okay..." I mumbled, not knowing what to say.

"Something wrong, Dani?" she asked, growing slightly concerned about me.

"Hum? Oh yeah! Lauren said that she wasn't feeling well at all." I answered, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Where is she?" my mother asked me, walking to our bathroom to get some medication.

"In our room" I answered, motionning and pointing the stairs.

"Alright, I'll be up in about two minutes. If I'm not up by then, it means that I'll be at the pharmacy buying some medication" she said.

"Okay!" I replied. I then went upstairs and walked in my room. I saw Lisa kneeled down besides Lauren's bed, holding a very pale hand. I approached a little bit and found a very sickly pale Lauren sleeping in her bed, with her covers up. Lisa was on her knees, next to us, listening to music.

"Lisa" I said quietly, nudging her shoulder. She took one of her earphones off and looked at me.

"Yeah?" she asked

"When you walked in the room, was Lauren awake or asleep?"

"She was asleep."

"Was she that pale?"

"Nah, she still had some color on her face. Where's mom?"

"Probably at the pharmacy."

"Okay." She replied. She unlocked her iPhone and turned the volume off. She took her earphones out of her ears and got up. She was then walking out of our bedroom when she stopped at the doorframe.

"Looks like we're not filming anything today" she said, chuckling. I then started to laugh and shook my head.

"Haha, nope. Last week, it was us, this week, it's Lauren" I said. She turned around and gave me a kinda sad smile. She then walked away and closed the door behind her as I stood there, looking confused.