Chapter 1

Lauren's POV

I woke up this morning with a massive headache. Every muscle in my body was aching and I felt like there was a cat stuck in my throat. I tried singing a couple of notes, and it sure wasn't pretty. I tried talking, and I sounded like a dying, screeching monkey.

"Ah man... I can't be sick today! We're filming a new cover in an hour!" I thought, groaning in annoyance.

"Good morning Laur!" I heard somebody say behind me. I turned around and jumped. Dani was there, looking at me like a strange pedophile getting ready to attack me.

"Woah! Didn't mean to scare you like that!" my younger sister said, laughing her head off.

"Haha. Very funny." I said, sarcastically.

"Something wrong with your voice?" Dani asked, concerned.

"Actually, I'm not feeling well at all." I answered. struggling to get the words out.

"Wait right here, I'mma go get mom" she said, rushing out of the room. As a response, I simply nodded. I went back in bed and felt fatigue taking over me. Soon enough, my eyelids were becoming really heavy. I let out a loud yawn, layed in my bed and pulled the covers up. I was shaking uncontrollably and I was freezing, even though it's like 70 degrees outside. I then started to let out very dry coughs and it felt like my throat was bursting into flames. I closed my eyes and soon enough, I was drifting into a long, deep sleep...