Chapter 9

Amy's POV

"Lauren, please wake up!" Christina shouted for the billionth time.

"Guys, maybe she di-" Dani started.

'Do not say it Dani!" Christina fired back, tears flowing out of her eyes. I don't understand what's happening. Lauren was perfectly fine and normal twenty minutes ago! I put my hand on Christina's shoulder as she was shaking Lauren and screaming. I heard the door bell ring and soon enough, five medics came in the room, one carrying an enormous oxygen tank, and Lisa closely behind. The dude with the oxygen tank put the mask on Lauren's face and the other medics did what they had to do. Two minutes later, two other medics came in with a gurney. They slowly picked up Lauren's body and put her on the stretcher. Christina, not losing grip of Lauren, started to cry even more when Katherine and two of the medics tried to let her go of our younger sister.

"You. Could you come with us in the ambulance?" one of the doctors said, pointing at Lisa. She nodded and left the room alongside the EMT and Lauren. I quickly ran to the window and moved away the curtains. I saw Lisa entering the ambulance, with the seven medics and Lauren's limp body behind her. The ambulance's engine then started and soon enough, they were gone. I looked around the room, everybody was so quiet, even Christina. She didn't stop crying, though. I took a seat next to Dani and pulled my baby sister in a big, tight hug. I noticed that while this whole thing was happening, Dani was sitting in the corner bawling her eyes out. She must be scared to death and traumatized, right now, seeing her sister's probably dead body.

"Dani, everything will be alright." I said, kissing the top of her forehead.

"But what if she dies? I can't lose her, Amy. She's the only one who doesn't get annoyed with me! She's the only one who really cares about me, who loves me!" Dani explained, crying even harder. As she spoke those words, everyone stopped moving. Was that how she really felt about us? Did she really think that we didn't care about her? That we didn't love her? Christina and Katherine came in front of Dani and I and pulled both of us in a very tight hug. Christina gently stroke Dani's hair and wiped my littlest sister's tears away with her thumb.

"Dani, why do you think that we don't love you?" Christina asked seriously, looking intensely into Dani's bright green eyes.

"Cause every time I try to tell a joke, everyone, besides Lauren and sometimes Lisa, interrupts me! You guys are so mean to me, and you always blame me for everything! You guys even hide some of the most important things ever from me, and I even heard one of you talking about kicking me out of the band! Everyone in this freaking room treats me coldly, without any respect! You're only nice to me when you're either too upset, or when mom and dad are around. You treat EVERYBODY else nicely, but to ME!!" Dani exclaimed, her voice filled with rage.

"Dani, it's not true." Katherine said in her sweet, comforting voice.

"And who ever said that we would kick you out of the band?" I asked.

"Don't act like you don't know." she answered dryly, pulling away from our hug.

'Dani, we were reading some mean comments on Youtube. I swear, we have never even thought about kicking you out!" Christina announced.

"You're a part of us, now." Katherine added, smiling at Dani.

"Dani, we love you. You complete us." I said kindly. Shhe buried her head in my arms and I could hear her sobbing even more.

"I'm sorry." Dani mumbled, genuinely. Katherine put her fingers under Dani's chin and lifted her head.

"Don't be. We're sorry. We should have treated you better." Katherine said. All of a sudden, the phone started to ring. I ran out of the room and looked for the phone. Once I had finally found it, I answered it. It was Lisa.

"Hey, Amy?" Lisa said in the phone.

"Yeah, it's me. What's up?" I asked, fearing the answer.

"Lauren's fine, she's awake right now." she answered. I sighed in relief.

"That's great! But what happened to her?" I asked my older sister, curious.

"She has passed out of sudden exhaustion, a pretty severe one. Treatment is also gonna start tomorrow." she explained, sounding panicked.

"What? Why?"

"They have already done tests on her. The only thing she needs right now is a lot of rest." she said, her voice trembling for unknown reasons.

"Lisa, are you okay? Why is your voice shaking?" I asked, getting concerned.

"I just talked to Dr. Reynolds. Dad has been having cardiac arrests non stop for the past ten minutes." she answered, rushing her words.

"I don't get it." I admitted, honestly.

"He's having multiple heart attacks, Ames. His heart stopped beating, but then the pace came back and two minutes later, it stops again, and the circle continues." Lisa explained, more in details this time.

"Oh okay. Look, Lisa, I'll call you back soon, and we'll be at the hospital pretty soon." I finally choked out.

"Alright, see ya." she replied, emotionless. I then hung up and dialed Mike's number.

"Hey." Mike said, sounding exhausted.

"Mike! Where are you??" I shouted, nervously.

"Woah, Ames, what's wrong?" he asked, alarmed.

"Where are you?" I repeated.

"I'm at the store with the younger boys, what's going on?" he asked seriously.

"Meet us at the hospital. Now." I simply answered.

"Okay, I'll see you in ten minutes." he replied, sounding scared and confused. I hung up, put the phone back on its charger and burst into the other girls' room and told them about Lauren. In under two minutes, all four of us were already on our way to the hospital.

"This is a miracle." Christina suddenly announced. We all looked at her confusiedly. She quickly noticed the confusion in the car and sighed.

"It's a miracle that mom, dad and Lauren are still living. Mom and dad both got into a very serious and fatal car accident, yet they're still living. Lauren just got a sudden attack and got rushed to the hospital as quickly as possible, and she's still alive." Christina explained, a small smile forming on the corners of her chapped lips. We all nodded in agreement and looked outside the windows.

"We really must be lucky to have all three of them alive..." I thought, smirking.

Author's note: There you go, chapter 9! Hope you all enjoyed it! I'm planning on updating this story either on Wednesday or on Thursday. But there's also a chance that I might update it earlier this week. Anyways, stay tuned for Chapter 10! :D