☆say

aster's pov

aster's pov

(tw: physical abuse)

a few days gone by

"So you didn't make dinner? Am i supposed to eat my own shit or something?" My father started raising his voice at my mother who was getting more and more agitated for every word he spoke. His words was a ticking time bomb for my mother's outburst. Any second now and she'll be fed up. Then it'll just get worse. Every word coming out of his mouth was making me anticipate the moment she'll yell back.

"I just got home from work too, jackass." She  slammed her phone on the kitchen counter. The loud noise startling me, my mind thought someone threw something. I was standing at the front door, just getting home myself. I had a pretty good view of the kitchen and all i see is my father's back towards me as he faced my mom who could see me but paid no attention. In intense fights like these, they acted as if they were the only ones who existed.

This is the first thing i come home to. After a long day of school and cheer practice. How lovely.

I rolled my eyes and ran up the stairs to find ways to distract myself in my bedroom.

I paced back in forth in my own misery as i heard things shattering downstairs.

I hated loud commotions like that. It made my breathing unstable, and my heart beat 3x faster than if i were to be running a marathon. It made me feel closed in just being in this room listening to the ruckus my parents have created.

"Make it stop." I whispered to myself I held onto my head as i tried to recollect myself. My head was spinning from me going in circles. The noises were getting louder and my anxiety was through the roof. Any minute now and my brain will explode.

"You see what you made me do!" My father's shouting made the walls vibrate. His voice could make this house fall apart, as if it already hasn't.

My heart started pounding as i heard the heavy footsteps come up the stairs.

I stared at my doorknob, praying to god he wouldn't come into this room. Please god dont let this get worse. I was thinking of literally every happy moment i've had to just clear out the bad shit going on this very second. I didn't want to be sucked into this, especially since their argument had nothing to do with me.

But it didnt work because he soon appeared at the entrance of my room stomping in.

"And you! Useless bitch, you cant even do anything around here. Me and your mom work all day and you cant even make food? It's the least you can do, considering you live here rent free."