☆to

aster's pov

aster's pov

the day i took the fentanyl from mouse, it made me realize my desire for drugs was close to non existent. that shit fucked me up for the longest time. i know it fucked you up to. i feel like after that night, you weren't the same. that's the last thing i wanted. i didn't want you to feel responsible or guilty for me doing that. i did it on my own to protect rue. i did it in hopes that he'd be pleased and would leave. i'm not saying that i'm happy i got high off that shit, because i wasn't. but im relieved that it was rue put into this situation. i think we can both agree that maybe it helped rue change for the better.

anyways. i just wanted to make it clear that none of that shit is your fault. don't ever feel as if you're a bad person for what happened. you're an angel.

~

next day

I felt the arms of an angel wrapped around my body. They were warm and made me feel secure. I immediately knew who it was. We were under the covers of Fezco's bed. I grew attached to his bed since i started staying here because of how soft the blankets were and how nice the mattress was. Don't even get me started on the galaxy pillows.

"Morning." i had spoken up and he immediately sat up. Now he was wide awake.

"How are you feeling?" he examined my face as i turned to lay on my other side.

"I'm okay." i reassured him as he cupped my face with his hands.

"I was so worried." he admitted and i could see his eyes began to water. I've never seen him like this. he genuinely thinks this is his fault. "I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to be." i reassured him again with a small smile. "I'm okay now." i wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight.

"I promise you, i'll kill him before he ever tries some shit like that ever again." he let out a deep sigh as he held me tighter.

i remained silent and just sat there in his arms.

"Thank you for keeping me safe." i said softly.

"Always." he replied while rubbing my back.

The next day

"Where have you been?" Maddy's face appeared in front of me once i shut my locker.

"Oh i'm sorry... i've been busy." i held my binder in my arms as we started walking.

"You haven't texted or called me back for a few days now. I thought you died." she punched my arm.