Playing Cupid |34|

Look at the time on my alarm clock I get off my bed tiredly. Yesterday wasn't a good day, it was very tiring to learn all that dance, and I got to see frustrated and bi-polar Steven last night so that's definitely a first.

I walk into my bathroom and do my usual morning routine my phone vibrates on the counter.

Steven:

Morning, Love.

Love...Oh geez, get a grip Hannah its just a damn nickname people call anyone. I shake my head and answer his text with a sarcastic response.

Me:

Morning, Darling.

I smile, staring at the text I sent.

Steven:

I like the sound of that, kind of reminds me of a husband and wife nickname.;)

My eyes widened at his text but then I smile at his response because it actually does sound like a husband and wife morning text. I just ignore the text and get into the shower.

~~~

"So, these files are due till tomorrow right?" I ask Jordan who is observing the files, it was kind of getting confusing as to what files were due when.

"Yes, so these," He explains to the pile on my desk. "are due tomorrow," He says, and I nod. "Then, these are due today," He points to the pile he has in his hand.

"Are you sure you don't need me to help you with some of those," I ask him worriedly they are too much, but then he is a fast worker.

"Nah, It's fine, I got it," He shrugs and waves his hand, during the past few days he has actually been less shy towards me which I'm glad, I wouldn't want him to feel like that the whole time we work together, he has also been a big help that I don't know how to thank him.

While we discuss more of the file's due dates, Jenna comes in all excited."Morning, yall," She screams to both of us making us laugh.

"Morning," Both Jordan and I say.

"Has it been stressing for you guys?" She asks taking a seat in front of my desk.

"Only the due dates are getting us confused a little, but I'm sure we will get it," Jordan explains, while still fixing some of the piles into the right pile.

"Oh, well I'm sure you guys will," Jenna assures us, and I give her a small smile. "I'm bored," She sighs and I look at her as if she grew big heads.

"Jenna, you are working," I tell her giving her a confused look.

"I know, but Steven sometimes doesn't need me to do anything, it's rare but still," She explains and I nod my head in understanding. Then I think of a great Idea.

"I have something you can help with," I say, and she waits for my answer wondering what. "You can help us fix these files into their right pile," I explain and she rolls her eyes.

"That's boring too," She whines and I raise my eyebrows at Jordan who smiles in her direction amused but turns back to the files. "Ok, fine," She says then walks towards our direction and I hand her a big chunk of files.

~~~

"Ok, I think I'm not bored anymore," Jenna says, and Jordan and I start laughing. "What is so funny?" She asks both of us, and we just laugh even more.

"We obviously know that you are lying," Jordan says as it is obvious. She then rolls her eyes but I saw the small smile on her face, is there some kind of chemistry going on here? I should maybe play matchmaker. I smile to myself at the thought.

"I'll be right back," I say and I head out of the office. I close the door slowly not wanting to make any noise, then I feel a pair of someone's hands on my waist making me turn around frightened.

"Woah, It's just me," Steven says making me breathe in relief. "What are you doing?" He asks, and I just shrug not wanting to elaborate on what I wanted to do. I wanted to keep it to myself.

"I was just going to the restroom," I explain and he nods. I Finally walk off to the restroom before he got any suspicions.

I really actually ship Jordan and Jenna. J&J. Ok I need to calm myself, since when did I ever become a romance geek. I shake my head with a smile. Since Steven.

~~~

I finally get back to the office and see that Jenna and Jordan are conversing about other kinds of things other than the files and I smile.

"Hey, I'm back," I say sitting in my chair. "So, what are you guys talking about?" I ask smiling deep inside. They just look at me with furrowed eyebrows and shrug. I just roll my eyes.

"We just need a couple more files to organize, and then we are done," Jenna says fixing the last piles, and I nod.

"I'll take care of these last ones, Jenna," Jordan tells Jenna, and I look at them from the corner of my eyes, and I see them smile at each other. I smile at their little moment. They then look at me and I brush my smile away.

"Why are you smiling?" Jenna asks. Oops, they saw.

"What...No reason, why?" I say with an innocent smile, and then Jenna just furrows her eyebrows in confusion and leaves my office. I look at Jordan.

"What?" He asks and I laugh.

"Oh, nothing," I say and continue to type on my computer. I guess me leaving them alone plan did work after all.

~~~

Later when Jordan and I's shift was over, we say our goodbyes to each other, and I head to Steven's office to let him know I'm leaving. I knock on his door with two knocks, and he simply replies with a simple 'come in'.

I step into his big-looking office, and there he is sitting on his desk, he kind of looks...stressed. I then furrow my eyebrows in worry. "Are you ok?" I ask him, and he just smiles and pushes his hair back.

"Yeah, of course," He says and looks back at some of his files. "Your leaving, that's alright go rest," He says turning his attention back to the scattered files around his desk, he was trying to get me away so I won't tell he is truly stressed.

I am not convinced that he is feeling alright so I sit down in front of his desk, and try to take a glance at his face.

"You are not ok," I comment after noticing he isn't and he looks at my intense. I stand up from the chair and walk towards his side of the desk, and I lean my body into it, crossing my arms. "What's going on?" I ask him, and he then rests his tired body into his chair.

Before he speaks, he takes a long deep breath."It's just this paperwork from other companies are stressing me out, that's all," He explains rubbing his forehead.

"Do you need anything?" I ask him. I would bring him or do anything so he won't feel stressed or overwhelmed anymore, he did hire Jordan after all so that I won't be stressed anymore.

He smiles after my question, and he moves his wheeled chair in front of me, and he leans his head into my stomach catching me off-guard, but I then place my hand in his head and comfort him. I've noticed that he loves when I play with his hair, it relaxes him.

After I play with his hair for a little while more, he leans his head back to look at me, and I smile at his intent stare. "What?" I ask feeling uncomfortable from his stare, he smirks when he notices I'm uncomfortable.

"Before you leave, give me a kiss," He demands and I smile. "But like a real kiss, not the little peck kiss like last time," He explains and I laugh. He then waits for my kiss, but I don't give it to him right away. He looks at me confused when I just stare at him.

"Wha-" He is about to talk but I cut him off by placing my lips on his roughly, and I give him the kiss he actually wanted not just the peck, as he says. While I kiss him deeply he places his arms around my waist, and I place my arms around his neck. I feel him smile into the kiss, which makes me smile wider at the moment.