𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 29

Harry's POV

Harry's POV.

I caress her forehead as gently as I can and leave a peck at the top of it, suddenly too scared of doing anything else.

She's frightening, her body is so tiny and fragile I think she's gonna end up swallowed by the couch as soon as she just turns a bit. Her hands are so skinny and she seems ready to disappear into her own clothes.

There's no trace of the softness I've left four months ago, no fat in any part of her body and it's scaring me out, the way she just let herself starved like this.

I trace the line of her collarbones and suffocate a sob for how easy it is to spot them now. What have you done Grace? Was this your own way to punish me because I went away?

She's so slim, so fragile I feel sick looking down at her but not disgust. God knows if I will ever feel disgusted by her. I'm just in pain for not understanding it early and somehow stop it before it was too late.

"It's okay," I murmur, stroking her smooth skin before stopping to her red lips. They haven't changed, the same deep shade of red is still there for me to drink from and I feel so relieved, so fucking relieved, that something has stayed as I remembered.

I lean in to leave another kiss over her pale skin but get interrupted by a low, not really reassuring, growl. It's similar to the sound of a starting car that keeps roaring unless you hit the acceleration so that it can jump back to life, only that this is more dangerous and it seems not as friendly.

When I slowly meet the provenance of the noise, I find a huge tall dog well equipped with a long set of white sharp fangs. He stares back at me, not moving anything beside his head, that ducks in between his shoulder as he prepares himself to attack me.

I gulp down the fear and lock my gaze with his dark, ferocious one and attentively start to proceed.

As soon as I'm on my feet and up, he barks so loud I start, stumbling backwards and making him take a step in my direction. His legs are so long that with that one only stride, he has almost erased the distance between us completely.

'' Easy guy,'' I whisper and look around for something throw against him.

What in hell is a dog in this house doing? And why is he looking at me like he wants to kill me? It can't be Grace's, he would know I intend no harm to both of my girls. Perhaps he's a bastard and was wondering in the dark forest that surrounds the place when he saw the light and came here to find some food.

What if he hurts the girls?

The thought only, gives me so much courage that I stop backward and move forward, opening my arms as wide as I can. I've read dogs get scared when they have to confront someone who's bigger then them and I'm desperate enough to try it.

'' I don't want to hurt you, but if you don't get out of here.. I'm afraid we will have to fight it out,'' I threaten as if he could understand. Strangely to say, he barks twice like he does, he answers so loud I gasp and trip over my own feet, luckily landing on the arm of the couch without falling miserably to the ground.