𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

Harry's POV

Harry's POV.

Grace stops talking and looks around. I make sure to hide before her eyes can make eye-contact with any part of my body.

'' Everything is okay, Grace?'' The boy asks however she stays silent for a second. I can imagine her burning holes into the wall that is offering me a shelter just to peek and see who is it that caught her attention.

'' Grace?'' he clicks his fingers and Grace huffs.

Please don't come here, don't come look after me I'm not ready to glare into your eyes after that day at the waterfall. I've betrayed you; I let my body take control and screw everything up. I know I've lost you but I'm not ready to read it written clearly in your eyes. Please Grace.

'' Will you excuse me a minute?'' She cheekily wonders and I snap back to reality. My legs move before I can even connect my brain with my actions and I find myself running. This is ridiculous, I repeat to myself but don't stop. I turn once I'm near the reception but I miscalculate the strength I was putting into my feet, so I trip on my own feet and slip, falling on my back hitting my head. Fantastic.

I know it's weird, but I can hear her pace among the tones of feet walking up and down the corridor. It's softer and as self-conscious as the one of a man who has nothing to lose would be but more graceful. Irony.

I spot her boots almost turning in my direction and I press myself against the counter but she stops dead trucks and comes back from where she came. My heart is still pounding in my throat and I can't seem to escape anywhere. I pass an hand in my hair and try my best not to make any loud noise. I know she's still around searching for me, she can sense I'm here the way I can sense her right around the corner.

'' Pardon ma'am,'' she searches for the nurse's attention and I cup my ears trying hard not to burst into my own heat. I'm sweating like a sinner in a church, guiltiness is something that can consumes you; It's vicious and feeds over your own insecurities, eating your soul piece by piece if you're not strong enough to keep it abbey.

'' Can you perhaps tell me where the little boy went? Malcolm I mean, I got in his room half an hour ago but he wasn't there. Is something wrong with him?'' She inquires. My heart collapses ten feet underground. She wasn't going to ask for me, she wasn't looking for me. The realization hits me so hard I feel my chest burning me alive with every heartbeat. Like my life was itself the fuel for the pain.

'' Actually nothing is wrong with the boy, we're just preparing him for the surgery. They have found a matching marrow that will save the boy's life.'' I know I should be not peeking because she could spot me, but I have to. I want to see her face while she receives this beautiful news. I sneak my head out from my shelter and watch as she smiles so widely, her eyes filling with grateful tears. She presses her hands to her mouth in disbelief and starts to giggle without control.

Okay, now I think I will just get up and share her happiness. She's so beautiful, the way her eyes shine, as her body shakes unable to bare all the emotions she's feeling. I want to take her and squeeze her in my arms enjoying something good for once.