𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28

Grace's POV

Grace's POV.

I stare into his dark eyes and feel like falling into the rabbit hole where no ends seems visible for now. The more I sink down, the more I feel like having difficulty breathing properly.

But this is not the time for letting fear overcome rationality. So I straighten up and narrow my eyes trying to look as dangerous as I can manage to. Unfortunately the marks of my not so old pregnancy are still lingering on my body and it won't be easy to take him down, if he's here for real.

However this doesn't mean I won't try.

"You built up a pretty family since the day we parted our ways." I cringe and curl my fingers till my nails tear my palms apart and I sense blood rushing along my hands.

"Yes, I did," is my answer while I study him and go through all the possible moves he could improvize to knock me out. My brain is blank and I hate it, I should be firm and concious so that I can analyse the situation properly. I can't make mistakes, I wouldn't be the only one paying for them this time.

" Can I see her?" He asks if this is the most normal thing in the world. I growl and take a step on the side so that I'm basically right in front of Joy, to offer her cover from him.

" I guess that's a no," he coldly giggles and every hair of my body raises however I force myself to stay put.

" You're not real!" I admit out loud thinking, for the first time, that this might be just a dream. I've dreamt of it so many times and each time looked so vivid and real. Why should this be any different?

Because I can see and feel things I haven't never felt any other time beside that one I almost harmed Harry: like his heart beating or the sound of cracking wooden when he moves from one foot to the other.

Am I going insane or he's truly standing at a few steps away from me?

How can I understand if this is just a play pulled up from my own mind?

" Not real, you say?" He touches his chin a couple of times before springing forward. I just make it to take two steps when his hand clenches around my neck and I'm smashed against the wall. My head falls and I blackout for a brief moment. I can see flashes dancing behind my closed eyelashes, floating like a weird spell following no apparent music till I force to shake them off.

When I come back to him, he's grinning widely and pleased as his finger goes up and down my neck caressing my main vein, making me want to throw even my soul out.

I guess this, answers my previous questions: he's damn real and now I do have a situation to solve.

''Does this feel fake to you?" Again my body collides with the wall knocking my breath out of my lungs, however i don't let him win me over. We have been already here, so many times I've lost count, and I've always been the one who came out untouched by our fights.